How do I access my Outlook emails from a different computer?

=?Utf-8?B?cmVnYXJkc2hvbmVzdHk=?=

      7th Mar 2006
I'm away on holidays and I want to read emails from my work computer that is
on Microsoft Outlook, however I just get on this merry-go-round by searching
on "how to access Outlook from another computer and just go round and round.
Can someone give me a simple answer on HOW?? :-( Kabby

Gordon

      7th Mar 2006
On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 03:41:40 -0800, regardshonesty wrote:

> I'm away on holidays and I want to read emails from my work computer

When you say "work" computer what do you mean? Is the computer in an
office somewhere, is it the one you use for work at home, or what?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Oliver Vukovics

      7th Mar 2006
Hi regardshonesty,

if you are away in holidays and you want to read only emails "online" an
IMAP account could be a good solution:
http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/olinet.htm#imap

If you want to have a complete access to your Outlook, maybe an online
service could be helpfull:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/SERVICES/online.htm

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"regardshonesty" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm away on holidays and I want to read emails from my work computer that
> is
> on Microsoft Outlook, however I just get on this merry-go-round by
> searching
> on "how to access Outlook from another computer and just go round and
> round.
> Can someone give me a simple answer on HOW?? :-( Kabby

Vanguard

      7th Mar 2006
"regardshonesty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm away on holidays and I want to read emails from my work computer that
> is
> on Microsoft Outlook, however I just get on this merry-go-round by
> searching
> on "how to access Outlook from another computer and just go round and
> round.
> Can someone give me a simple answer on HOW?? :-( Kabby

Get your workplace to setup a VPN that you use to tunnel into their network
to access their Exchange server. Or get your workplace to setup OWA
(Outlook Web Access) so you can use the webmail interface to their Exchange
server. You need to talk with the mail admins at your workplace to find out
what they are willing to setup to provide external access to their mail
servers.

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

Geoffrey Cooper

      11th May 2007
I'm away on holidays and I want to read emails from my work computer that is
on Microsoft Outlook, however I just get on this merry-go-round by
searching on "how to access Outlook from another computer and just go round
and round. Can someone give me a simple answer on HOW?? :-(

Geoffrey Cooper

      11th May 2007
I'm away on holidays and I want to read emails from my work computer that is
on Microsoft Outlook, however I just get on this merry-go-round by
searching on "how to access Outlook from another computer and just go round
and round. Can someone give me a simple answer on HOW?? :-( Geoff

Roady [MVP]

      11th May 2007
Contact your mail admin at work and ask which methods he/she has made
available to you to access mail remotely.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----