dnscmd error

Robert

      22nd Jan 2004
Hello,

I want to export a zone file from an ad intigreted DNS
Zone on my windows 2000 server. DNSWMI Provider ist
installed.

When typing - dnscmd dns-001.myzone.de /ZoneExport
myzone.de test.txt - I get the following error message:

Command failed: UNKNOWN 1733 (000006c5)

Any idea whats going wrong? Or are there other / better
ways to get the ad intigreted zone?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

William Stacey

      22nd Jan 2004
Not sure if it will solve your issue, buy try my tool - NetDig at
www.mvptools.com.

netdig yourzone.com axfr /export c:\temp\yourzone.com.txt

This should export your zone to master file format. Try just doing a:
netdig yourzone.com axfr

first to see if you have rights to AXFR, if not, allow the client IP or any
IP to do zone transfer. Let me know if that does or does not work for you.
Thanks!

--
William Stacey, MVP

"Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:24a301c3e0b2$430753a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I want to export a zone file from an ad intigreted DNS
> Zone on my windows 2000 server. DNSWMI Provider ist
> installed.
>
> When typing - dnscmd dns-001.myzone.de /ZoneExport
> myzone.de test.txt - I get the following error message:
>
> Command failed: UNKNOWN 1733 (000006c5)
>
> Any idea whats going wrong? Or are there other / better
> ways to get the ad intigreted zone?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Robert

      22nd Jan 2004
Thanks for getting back to my problem!

I tried netdig and it works very well! dnscmd on the other
site has the problem.

Thanks!

Robert

William Stacey

      22nd Jan 2004
It probably is do to how they work. dnscmd works by talking to the DNS
server api. netdig works by making standard dns queries and processing the
reply. It could be that dnscmd does not have the security to run, or that
is failing while enumerating the zone data, which would lead to some
corruption issue I would think. Anyway, glad that works for you.

--
William Stacey, MVP

news:245201c3e0c9$126a4ab0$(E-Mail Removed)...