the DNS not update from fix IP, how can get computer name by his IP?

mtczx232@yahoo.com

      8th May 2006
I have Domain on w2k3, and DHCP with exclude numbers above 200
(x.x.x.200 clasic).
I have some workstation that must be fix IP for some reasons.

so when i need to know the name of specific IP, I used to open the DNS,
and see the computer name even of fix IP machines.

So with this domain I realize that fix IP over 200 is not at list, it's
take many
days before is update or nor.

have Know solution for this, or maybe another tool to scan IP on
network
and resolve the names as nice list.

Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

      8th May 2006
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have Domain on w2k3, and DHCP with exclude numbers above 200
> (x.x.x.200 clasic).
> I have some workstation that must be fix IP for some reasons.
>
> so when i need to know the name of specific IP, I used to open the
> DNS, and see the computer name even of fix IP machines.
>
> So with this domain I realize that fix IP over 200 is not at list,
> it's take many
> days before is update or nor.
>
> have Know solution for this, or maybe another tool to scan IP on
> network
> and resolve the names as nice list.

Is the DHCP client service started and set to automatic and register this
connection's addresses in DNS selcted on the DNS tab in TCP/IP properties?
Whether the client is a DHCP client or not, the DHCP client service is
responsible for DNS updates. If it (DHCP Client service) is stopped the
client will not register in DNS.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]