DLookup can't find a value

MJones

      31st Oct 2011
On Oct 31, 12:30*pm, XPS350 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Forgot to mention: no need for DLookUp(s). All data is (can be) in the query.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Knowing you're still looking at it, I'm trying to understand your
first suggestion. I didn't know about the AS option. Okay, no
DLookUp. I think your suggested query goes in the object on the
report where I'm trying to pull in the person's name (FNameF) from
tClient table where the ID matches ClientID in the tInv table, not in
the rInv report's record source.

Right now, the tClient table should has fields like:

ID
FNameF
LName
Address1
Address2
City
etc.

These clients can be bill to and/or ship to. The tInv table only has
ClientID (ship to) and PayerID numbers that match to the ID number in
the tClient table. There is no other place that knows if a name or
address is a bill to or a ship to. It looks like you're saying that
tInv table (a record for each invoice) should have more than just
these two ClientID and PayerID numbers; that I should have a
PayerName, PayerAddress, ShipperName, ShipperAddress, etc.

I'll await your 'working out' with much appreciation. My program is
done with the exception of this last detail.

Michele

XPS350

      31st Oct 2011
Michele,

Stop waiting! The query with the aliases (AS...) is the solution I worked out.

The query is the record source for the report.

Peter

MJones

      31st Oct 2011
On Oct 31, 1:24*pm, XPS350 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Michele,
>
> Stop waiting! The query with the aliases (AS...) is the solution I workedout.
>
> The query is the record source for the report.
>
> Peter

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated!

MJones

      2nd Nov 2011
On Oct 31, 11:24*am, XPS350 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Forgot to mention, no need for dlookups. All data is (can be) in the query.
>
> Peter

FYI - I solved the real problem (bill to and ship to on same report)
by making a subform and separate table for the ship to client info.