THE Old ONE

      28th Nov 2008
On booting up the desk top fine, on using any program or the use of the
keyboard the screen becomes covered invertical pink lines and dotted
horizontal lines. I have tried restore but no joy. I am using a Dell LCD
screen.

Leonard Grey

      28th Nov 2008
You need a new video card.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare Humanum Est

Security Tips for Everyone, from PC Magazine

THE Old ONE wrote:
> On booting up the desk top fine, on using any program or the use of the
> keyboard the screen becomes covered invertical pink lines and dotted
> horizontal lines. I have tried restore but no joy. I am using a Dell LCD
> screen.

mikeyhsd

      28th Nov 2008
might try unplugging and plugging in the cables.

make sure the video card is inserted in its socket firmly. WITH POWER OFF of course.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

"THE Old ONE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On booting up the desk top fine, on using any program or the use of the
keyboard the screen becomes covered invertical pink lines and dotted
horizontal lines. I have tried restore but no joy. I am using a Dell LCD
screen.

GCB

      4th Dec 2008
Would have to agree with everyone else, if you have already tried a different
screen then the video card would certainly be the next culprit.

Regards,

G. Lucas MCP