Display problem on msn.com home page.

Melvin Edward

      6th Aug 2010
Pages donít display correctly. For example msn.com home page, you have
the top five news items with a box at the bottom of the news. You have
a choice right to left |Previous | Pause| Next. All I see is a
square box, no left arrow, no right arrow or pause icon. Now if I move
the mouse pointer on the box the mouse pointer hand will show and then
the text is displayed depending on what box you move on.
I have reset IE8, itís free of malware and virus, I also updated
Java, Adobe shockwave. Reinstalled SP3 and reinstalled IE8 again. I
was getting desperate and tried Mozilla browser as well and it also
has the same problem as well. The last thing I did was repair windows
and reloaded ie8 and service packs and I still have the same problem.
Other web pages have the same problem, but this was easier to
explain.

Melvin Edward

Iceman

      7th Aug 2010
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 04:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Melvin Edward wrote in message
<news:(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Pages donĘt display correctly. For example msn.com home page, you have
> the top five news items with a box at the bottom of the news. You have
> a choice right to left |Previous | Pause| Next. All I see is a
> square box, no left arrow, no right arrow or pause icon. Now if I move
> the mouse pointer on the box the mouse pointer hand will show and then
> the text is displayed depending on what box you move on.
> I have reset IE8, itĘs free of malware and virus, I also updated
> Java, Adobe shockwave. Reinstalled SP3 and reinstalled IE8 again. I
> was getting desperate and tried Mozilla browser as well and it also
> has the same problem as well. The last thing I did was repair windows
> and reloaded ie8 and service packs and I still have the same problem.
> Other web pages have the same problem, but this was easier to
> explain.

One cause could be faulty video drivers, or you may need a new video card,
since the problem also occurs in Mozilla.

You can also try uninstalling all addons on IE8, if you have them running.
If that fixes the problem it says something about IE, if its default
homepage doesn't even display correctly.

Melvin Edward

      9th Aug 2010
On Aug 6, 8:47*pm, nesredep egrob <Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40>
wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 04:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Melvin Edward
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Pages donít display correctly. For example msn.com home page, you have
> >the top five news items with a box at the bottom of the news. You have
> >a choice right to left * |Previous | Pause| Next. *All I see is a
> >square box, no left arrow, no right arrow or pause icon. Now if I move
> >the mouse pointer on the box the mouse pointer hand will show and then
> >the text is displayed depending on what box you move on.
> > I have reset IE8, itís free of malware and virus, I also updated
> >Java, Adobe shockwave. Reinstalled SP3 and reinstalled IE8 again. I
> >was getting desperate and tried Mozilla browser as well and it also
> >has the same problem as well. The last thing I did was repair windows
> >and reloaded ie8 and service packs and I still have the same problem.
> >Other web pages have the same problem, but this was easier to
> >explain.

> >Melvin Edward

> I bet you can read the screen from the other side of the room. Right Click the
> screen and go for Properties/Settings - something like 1280x1024 might suit -
> try it and you will feel well again
>
> Borge in sunny Perth, Australia- Hide quoted text -

Hi Borge,
Thanks for the Reply !!
You was correct the text you could see across the room. But i reset
everthing back to default. and the problem is still there. Another
web page www.malwarebytes.org might help if you see this. there is a
picture across the the top of the page and it has there icon links,
Download Free version, Buy Now Full Version, and Corporate licensing.
I don't see this. All i see is a white sceen and when i move the mouse
over the Download free version icon, my mouse shows the hand and it
says download free, it does the same for the other links. I have also
updated the video driver.
Melvin Edward