Disk Cleanup Manager / Temp Internet Files Folder

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3V6?=

      26th May 2005
1)
When i run Disk cleanup, it works fine as long as i dont have temp internet
files selected...when i select it a run the program..it come up with the
error msg saying that it has encountered a problem & needs to close. Its also
asking me if i want to send an error report to microsoft, when i click on the
view details of error report i get this :

AppName: cleanmgr.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: wininet.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.2627 Offset: 0001b800

2)
When i go to control panel, internet options and try to delete internet
files from there...this error msg pops up :

An exception occurred while trying to run
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl",Internet Options"

3)
When i try to go through documents and setting, owner, local settings and
just as i click on the temp internet files folder, it immediatly comes up
with an error msg saying windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs
to close. Ive tried almost everything suggested here. From getting the
registry fix for disk cleanup freeze, to restoring disk cleanup manager, to
downloading other disk cleaners. But whenever i go to disk cleanup manager
again, it shows i have alot of files left in the temp internet folder and yet
i still cant use the disk cleanup manager to rectify the problem. Same
problem keeps repeating. Can Someone give me the solution? Please.

David Candy

      26th May 2005
Try this
Log on as a different administrator, create a new account. If the error
occurs in the new account then don't bother going any further and post back.

Type cmd in Start Run, type in the command prompt

rd /s "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

Wait till it returns. Log back in to old account and try again.

"Marcuz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1)
> When i run Disk cleanup, it works fine as long as i dont have temp

internet
> files selected...when i select it a run the program..it come up with the
> error msg saying that it has encountered a problem & needs to close. Its

also
> asking me if i want to send an error report to microsoft, when i click on

the
> view details of error report i get this :
>
> AppName: cleanmgr.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: wininet.dll
> ModVer: 6.0.2900.2627 Offset: 0001b800
>
> 2)
> When i go to control panel, internet options and try to delete internet
> files from there...this error msg pops up :
>
> An exception occurred while trying to run
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetcpl.cpl",Internet Options"
>
> 3)
> When i try to go through documents and setting, owner, local settings and
> just as i click on the temp internet files folder, it immediatly comes up
> with an error msg saying windows explorer has encountered a problem and

needs
> to close. Ive tried almost everything suggested here. From getting the
> registry fix for disk cleanup freeze, to restoring disk cleanup manager,

> downloading other disk cleaners. But whenever i go to disk cleanup manager
> again, it shows i have alot of files left in the temp internet folder and

yet
> i still cant use the disk cleanup manager to rectify the problem. Same
> problem keeps repeating. Can Someone give me the solution? Please.

Bob I

      26th May 2005
Try this, Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, General,
Delete Files.

If that doesn't work, Go to my computer r-click "C:", Properties, Tools,
Check now, Fix errors, Start. etc.

If still not working. Get Ad-aware SE and Spybot S&D (free versions) and
see what is hiding in there.