Disk cleanup files: "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT"

=?Utf-8?B?Y3ZjY3RvbWU=?=

      1st Oct 2007
I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.

When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
The clean up removed all of his data files.

Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
that they have had to re-install Vista!

Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
a major bug with Vista!

=?Utf-8?B?bWFydHk=?=

      1st Oct 2007
hi , i regularly delete these files ,i posted a thread a few days ago about
which temp files to delete and i was advised to delete them i did so to no
ill effects
--
martyb

"cvcctome" wrote:

> I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
> a major bug with Vista!

=?Utf-8?B?TWljayBNdXJwaHk=?=

      1st Oct 2007
The slighest problem, and it is a MAJOR bug with Vista, lol.
And there wasn't even a problem!

"cvcctome" wrote:

> I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased, and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to be
> a major bug with Vista!

DP

      2nd Oct 2007

"cvcctome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
>
> When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the program
> searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name "PER
> USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> have
> not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find out
> what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists a
> similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> tool.
> The clean up removed all of his data files.
>
> Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> the
> utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> and
> that they have had to re-install Vista!
>
> Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears to
> be
> a major bug with Vista!

What exactly is your "problem"? You haven't deleted these files yet, so you
haven't lost anything. So what's the problem?

julesdavid

      9th Jan 2008
Thanks very much shub
I Had all the problems of the other posts causing hours of reinstalling
windows etc.
On what you recommended It worked straight away and my computer is so much
better now.
I cannot understand why Microsoft have not put this severe bug right as I
only installed my Vista in JAN 08.
Great Post Shub

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

electriclott

      16th Mar 2008

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

electriclott

      16th Mar 2008
I had this same problem....and yes when i selected these files to be be
deleted it ereased all my files........the fix that you provided did
work...however every time i run my registry cleaner the problem occurs
again...i think my reg cleaner (NETCOM 3)is deleting the strings...i should
be able to ignore these files for deletion next time. It is curious why
this all of a sudden happened...I have been running vista now for over a year
and never had this problem...then all of a sudden it appeared about a week
ago...I wounder if it somehow happened with a windows update. Any way I will
update this post to let you know if it is my reg cleaner that is deleting the
strings.......whatever you do dont select those files to be deleted in disk
clean up...I had to reinstall vista...it ereased everything

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      16th Mar 2008
Yup. Exclude the Volume Caches location when using the so called "registry cleaners". Or even better, don't use registry cleaners at all :-) IMHO, they breaks things more than what they fix.

Serious Disk Cleanup problem caused by broken registration | The Winhelponline.com Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/se...-registration/

--
Regards,

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

John Hanley

      16th Mar 2008
A modest possible 'work-around' regarding this issue: If you go to Control
Panel|Problem Reports and Solutions|Clear solution and problem history and
say Yes, then a subsequent Disk Cleanup will have no entries for the
possibly troublesome 'error report' categories. I have done this when I was
suspicious of the entries (although I have never used a registry cleaner and
never really had the big problem discussed). But it is *a* way to get rid
of the archived error reporting entries in Disk Cleanup. Not really a 'work
around', but FWIW...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Shub" wrote:

> cvcctome;730751 Wrote:
> > I use Vista Premium home edition on a Dell deminsion E521.
> >
> > When running the system acessary tool, "Disk Clean Up", after the
> > program
> > searches for eligible files, it lists two or three files by the name
> > "PER
> > USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT", which are very large (in excess of 1 GB!) I
> > have
> > not checked these files for deletion. I ran a check on google to find
> > out
> > what these files are, and came up with one discussuion group that lists
> > similar query. The individual checked the boxes and ran the clean up
> > tool.
> > The clean up removed all of his data files.
> >
> > Why is this "PER USER QUEUED ERROR REPORT" coming up and reading other
> > discussion threads it appears that several users of Vista have have run
> > the
> > utility only to discover that all of their data files have been erased,
> > and
> > that they have had to re-install Vista!
> >
> > Since I am not the only one apparently having this problem, it appears
> > to be
> > a major bug with Vista!

> After hours of research and cursing when my own disk cleanup decided to
> kill my OS, I figured I'd try to find a cure - and I have!
>

> Open Regedit (start - run - regedit) and go to:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\VolumeCaches
>
> There you will find 4 keys called Windows error reporting.
> Now if you look closely you will see that one (or more) is missing the
> Folder string.
> Now, lets get to fixing it.
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Archive Files " key
>
> Right click - New - Expandable String Value.
>
> Call it Folder and use the following entry:
>
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> If you are in the " Windows Error Reporting Queue Files " key
>
> use: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> If you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Archive Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive
>
> and if you're in the " Windows Error Reporting System Queue Files " key
>
> use: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue
>
> This worked for me atleast, i tried removing the Folder string and the
> bug was back, hope this helps guys! [image:
> http://www.vistax64.com/images/smilies/wink.gif]
>
> - Shub
>

> --
> Shub

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      17th Mar 2008
>> subsequent Disk Cleanup will have no entries for the possibly troublesome 'error report' categories.

Disk Cleanup would still list "Error report" handler showing (erroneously) that it occupies GBs of space.

--
Regards,