Disappearing Meeting Requests

BAM

      3rd Aug 2009
In Outlook 2007 my meeting requests disappear from my calendar. They are
showing on the attendees calendars, but no longer appear on mine. I am the
meeting organizer, and need to track whose attending and can't. From
reviewing other threads on this site, I noted that handheld devices can be
the culprit, so I explored this avenue. We all have BlackBerries, but do not
synchronize them with our PCs...they are all wirelessly synchronized from the
server. I have asked the others in the department to respond to meeting
requests from Outlook and not the BlackBerrys and the problem still persists.
Can you help???

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      3rd Aug 2009
"BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In Outlook 2007 my meeting requests disappear from my calendar. They are
> showing on the attendees calendars, but no longer appear on mine. I am the
> meeting organizer, and need to track whose attending and can't. From
> reviewing other threads on this site, I noted that handheld devices can be
> the culprit, so I explored this avenue. We all have BlackBerries, but do not
> synchronize them with our PCs...they are all wirelessly synchronized from
> the
> server. I have asked the others in the department to respond to meeting
> requests from Outlook and not the BlackBerrys and the problem still
> persists.
> Can you help???

If you're all using Exchange and the Blackberry removes it from the server, it
will be removed in Outlook as well. You don't need to have the Blackberry and
Outlook sync with each other for that to happen.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

BAM

      3rd Aug 2009
They all stated they did not delete the request from their BlackBerrys and
niether did I. i am just confused as to why the initial meeting request that
I created disappears from my calendar when it has not been deleted from
Outlook or the BlackBerry.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > In Outlook 2007 my meeting requests disappear from my calendar. They are
> > showing on the attendees calendars, but no longer appear on mine. I am the
> > meeting organizer, and need to track whose attending and can't. From
> > reviewing other threads on this site, I noted that handheld devices can be
> > the culprit, so I explored this avenue. We all have BlackBerries, but do not
> > synchronize them with our PCs...they are all wirelessly synchronized from
> > the
> > server. I have asked the others in the department to respond to meeting
> > requests from Outlook and not the BlackBerrys and the problem still
> > persists.
> > Can you help???

> If you're all using Exchange and the Blackberry removes it from the server, it
> will be removed in Outlook as well. You don't need to have the Blackberry and
> Outlook sync with each other for that to happen.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      3rd Aug 2009
"BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> They all stated they did not delete the request from their BlackBerrys and
> niether did I. i am just confused as to why the initial meeting request that
> I created disappears from my calendar when it has not been deleted from
> Outlook or the BlackBerry.

What type of server? What type of account in Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

BAM

      5th Aug 2009
She is a general user. She is creating the meeting requests from her own
calendar. Our server is Exchange server 2007.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!!

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > They all stated they did not delete the request from their BlackBerrys and
> > niether did I. i am just confused as to why the initial meeting request that
> > I created disappears from my calendar when it has not been deleted from
> > Outlook or the BlackBerry.

> What type of server? What type of account in Outlook?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      5th Aug 2009
"BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> She is a general user. She is creating the meeting requests from her own
> calendar. Our server is Exchange server 2007.

Are these meetings new ones or ones that are two weeks or more old?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

BAM

      5th Aug 2009
The meeting requests are created 2 weeks before the meeting. The meeting has
not occured as of yet.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > She is a general user. She is creating the meeting requests from her own
> > calendar. Our server is Exchange server 2007.

> Are these meetings new ones or ones that are two weeks or more old?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      5th Aug 2009
"BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> The meeting requests are created 2 weeks before the meeting. The meeting has
> not occured as of yet.

That still sounds suspiciously like a Blackberry, whose default setting is to
delete calendar entries two weeks old or older, but I woud expect it to use
the Start or End date for that. There must be some add-in or app causing the
deletion, unless you have autoarchive turned on for the Calendar. I can't
think of anything else within Outlook that would remove entries from the
calendar. The default in Outlook is to keep entries forever.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

BAM

      6th Aug 2009
I will check the BlackBerry and autoarchive settings.
Thank you!

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > The meeting requests are created 2 weeks before the meeting. The meeting has
> > not occured as of yet.

> That still sounds suspiciously like a Blackberry, whose default setting is to
> delete calendar entries two weeks old or older, but I woud expect it to use
> the Start or End date for that. There must be some add-in or app causing the
> deletion, unless you have autoarchive turned on for the Calendar. I can't
> think of anything else within Outlook that would remove entries from the
> calendar. The default in Outlook is to keep entries forever.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

      6th Aug 2009
"BAM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I will check the BlackBerry and autoarchive settings.
> Thank you!

If you discover the cause, write back. We'd like to know what it is.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]