=?Utf-8?B?cmFj?=

      14th Apr 2004
So here's the problem. The computer is telling me that I don't have a sound card/It may not be functioning correctly. Tried rebooting, checked all the volumes, the mutes, tried the "reinstall" from the control panel, etc. Nothing seemed to work. what pops up under details when I try to play real player (don't know if it helps or not) "error id 0x80040256, remedy0x00000000. Under multimedia audio controller properties it says, Code 28

Thanks for your help.

=?Utf-8?B?am9l?=

      14th Apr 2004
try looking up that error number on google

Mike

      15th Apr 2004
Try re-installing drivers.. but before you do that, remove the sound card
from the config.. reboot the machine.. install XP compatible drivers if
required..

news:(E-Mail Removed)...