Disabling Wallpaper in Terminal Server

Mahesh.A

      26th Feb 2009
Hi,

We have a Windows 2003 AD Domain where wallpaper Group Policy is applied at
Domain level.We also have a Windows 2003 Terminal Server in application mode
which is member of a same Domain.Since Wallpaper GP is applied at Domain
level,user logging in to Terminal Server also gets the wallpaper loaded
whenever they login and causes performance issue I have disabled the "Acive
Desktop" option in Terminal Services configuration-Server settings but still
issue is not fixed.

Request you to pls let us know if we have any specific config/customization
to be done to disable the wallpaper GP in Terminal Server.

Thanks in advance...

Regards
Mahesh

Marcin

      27th Feb 2009
Mahesh,
use the loopback group policy in replace mode. For more info, refer to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260370

hth
Marcin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...