Disabling tables formatting features in Word2000 and Word2003

Jim Hawkins

      22nd Jun 2010

How can I disable the automatic table numbering and indenting
features in MS Word?

Jim Hawkins

Bickford Shmeckler

      22nd Jun 2010
By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP.

"Jim Hawkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
:

Bickford Shmeckler wrote:
> By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP.

Such as ?
I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word,
one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a
language unknown to me.
That's why I tried here.

Jim Hawkins

Shenan Stanley

      22nd Jun 2010

Jim Hawkins wrote:
> Such as ?
> I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word,
> one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a
> language unknown to me.
> That's why I tried here.

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Example:
http://www.google.com/search?q=newsg...rosoft+Word%22

Most of the ones on the Microsoft news server itself are gone - Microsoft is
doing away with their news server completely. Doesn't mean they are not
synchronized and living on elsewhere.

If you really want MS 'sanctioned' areas...
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/

For you...
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ory/officeword

Of course - one might just take theirt question and plug it into Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=How+c...res+in+MS+Word

The first few hits might help...

How to switch off Autoformatting
http://www.thuto.org/ubh/ub/compu/hc...htm#autoformat

Ten things every Microsoft Word user should know
http://generaldisarray.wordpress.com...r-should-know/
(#7)

Microsoft Word Tips Tricks & FAQs
http://www.willamette.edu/wits/resou...e/word-faq.htm

But then you wouldn't be interacting with all the nice people. ;-)

Look how your posting has spread all over the Internet:
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/for...03-288113.html

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...-word2003.aspx

http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...0-and-Word2003

http://www.forum-22.com/31/1039608/

Likely many more to come. Will be there for *years*...

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Jim Hawkins

      23rd Jun 2010
Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Jim Hawkins wrote:
>> How can I disable the automatic table numbering and indenting
>> features in MS Word?

> Bickford Shmeckler wrote:
>> By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP.

> Jim Hawkins wrote:
>> Such as ?
>> I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word,
>> one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a
>> language unknown to me.
>> That's why I tried here.

> Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
> information on problems you may be having and solutions others have
> found:
> Search using Google!
> http://www.google.com/
> (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )
>
> Example:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=newsg...rosoft+Word%22
>
> Most of the ones on the Microsoft news server itself are gone -
> Microsoft is doing away with their news server completely. Doesn't
> mean they are not synchronized and living on elsewhere.
>
> If you really want MS 'sanctioned' areas...
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/
>
> For you...
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ory/officeword
>
> Of course - one might just take theirt question and plug it into
> Google:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=How+c...res+in+MS+Word
>
> The first few hits might help...
>
> How to switch off Autoformatting
> http://www.thuto.org/ubh/ub/compu/hc...htm#autoformat
>
> Ten things every Microsoft Word user should know
> http://generaldisarray.wordpress.com...r-should-know/
> (#7)
>
> Microsoft Word Tips Tricks & FAQs
> http://www.willamette.edu/wits/resou...e/word-faq.htm
>
> But then you wouldn't be interacting with all the nice people. ;-)
>
> Look how your posting has spread all over the Internet:
> http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/for...03-288113.html
>
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...-word2003.aspx
>
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...0-and-Word2003
>
> http://www.forum-22.com/31/1039608/
>
> Likely many more to come. Will be there for *years*...
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

Many thanks for being so helpful Shenan.
Jim Hawkins