disabling 'login' screen

=?Utf-8?B?dG9vLW9sZC1mb3ItdGhpcw==?=

      7th Feb 2006
i installed a Radeon PowerColor 9250 graphics card, (did the whole 'install
new hardware' operation), and now windows XP asks me to log in if i've been
away for a few minutes.... i could understand it if it was a startup
situation, but this is just me, "multi-tasking" (several tasks at once, most
of which do not involve the computer)... i have my screensavers set to come
on after 1 minue of inactivity, standby mode after 15... anything i've
overlooked?

Pegasus \(MVP\)

      7th Feb 2006

"too-old-for-this" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i installed a Radeon PowerColor 9250 graphics card, (did the whole

'install
> new hardware' operation), and now windows XP asks me to log in if i've

been
> away for a few minutes.... i could understand it if it was a startup
> situation, but this is just me, "multi-tasking" (several tasks at once,

most
> of which do not involve the computer)... i have my screensavers set to

come
> on after 1 minue of inactivity, standby mode after 15... anything i've
> overlooked?

Set your screen saver to something longer than one minute.

Nepatsfan

      7th Feb 2006
(E-Mail Removed),
wrote:
> i installed a Radeon PowerColor 9250 graphics card, (did the
> whole 'install new hardware' operation), and now windows XP
> asks me to log in if i've been away for a few minutes.... i
> could understand it if it was a startup situation, but this
> is just me, "multi-tasking" (several tasks at once, most of
> which do not involve the computer)... i have my screensavers
> set to come on after 1 minue of inactivity, standby mode
> after 15... anything i've overlooked?

Go to Control Panel and double click Display.
Click on the Screen Saver tab.
Remove the check mark from the box next to "On resume, password
protect". Note: It may say "On resume, show the Welcome
Screen". Same rule applies, uncheck it.
Next, hit the Power button.
In Power Options, click on the Advanced page.
Remove the check mark from the box next to "Prompt for password
when computer resumes from standby".

Keep in mind that disabling these two items means anyone who
walks by your computer when you're not there will have access
to your system.

Good luck

Nepatsfan