How to disable Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?

Borillar

      19th Sep 2003
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

I hate it. I don't need it. I don't want it. It often
interfers with the use of other graphics programs.

What must I do to keep Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
from forcing itself to be the default picture viewer and
editor? There is no way to turn it off inside the
application.

Any serious help would be much appreciated.

John Inzer

      19th Sep 2003
Maybe these links will help you:

Disable the Default Image Viewer in Windows XP
http://tinyurl.com/k2ss

How do I turn off the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as
my default image viewer?

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP
return e-mail disabled

Picture It! Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=pic

"Borillar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7af701c37e50$1d5e7940$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
>
> I hate it. I don't need it. I don't want it. It often
> interfers with the use of other graphics programs.
>
> What must I do to keep Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
> from forcing itself to be the default picture viewer and
> editor? There is no way to turn it off inside the
> application.
>
> Any serious help would be much appreciated.

Borillar

      9th Oct 2003
Hi!

Thanks for giving me those two URLs. Although I was able
to disable the automatic viewing functions just fine,
both sites lacked details on how to disable the Picture
and Fax Viewer from being the default editor for pictures
and faxes. You've been very kind to help me out this
far -- do you have any other places that could tell me
how to finish the job?

Sincerely,

Borillar

John Inzer

      9th Oct 2003
Since the Picture and Fax Viewer is not an editor
....I guess I don't understand the question.

Maybe if you describe exactly what you wish to
accomplish someone can answer the question.

--

John Inzer
Picture It! MVP
return e-mail disabled

Picture It! Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=pic

"Borillar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0c3d01c38e5d$265c45f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for giving me those two URLs. Although I was able
> to disable the automatic viewing functions just fine,
> both sites lacked details on how to disable the Picture
> and Fax Viewer from being the default editor for pictures
> and faxes. You've been very kind to help me out this
> far -- do you have any other places that could tell me
> how to finish the job?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Borillar

New Member

      12th Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borillar View Post
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer

I hate it. I don't need it. I don't want it. It often
interfers with the use of other graphics programs.

What must I do to keep Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
from forcing itself to be the default picture viewer and
editor? There is no way to turn it off inside the
application.

Any serious help would be much appreciated.
Click on [Start] button which is on the bottom left corner of your computer screen, then find [Run] and type regedit and click OK.
Then you have to Navigate to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/ SystemFileAssociations/ image/ ShellEx/ ContextMenuHandlers
Then delete the Folder: ShellImagePreview under the ContextMenuHandlers
source: http://howiw.com/index.php?title=How...and_Fax_Viewer