How to I disable MUP.sys from within the recovery console.

Knight

      20th Sep 2003
XP Startup STOPS with the white bar on the bottom and shows "mup.sys" as the
last file
loaded in the load (the textmode stuff shown in safe mode
boots)
like this
multi(0)\rdisk(0)\harddisk(0)\partition(1)\WINNT\System32
\mup.sys or similar.

It seems that my motherboard has a chip that does not like MUP.sys driver.
I read that there is a way to tell xp NOT to load a driver from within the
recovery console, but I have not found how this is actually done.
So my question is this: How to I disable MUP.sys from within the recovery
console.

Thanks

S.Sengupta

      20th Sep 2003

"Knight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP Startup STOPS with the white bar on the bottom and shows "mup.sys" as

the
> last file
> loaded in the load (the textmode stuff shown in safe mode
> boots)
> like this
> multi(0)\rdisk(0)\harddisk(0)\partition(1)\WINNT\System32
> \mup.sys or similar.
>
> It seems that my motherboard has a chip that does not like MUP.sys driver.
> I read that there is a way to tell xp NOT to load a driver from within the
> recovery console, but I have not found how this is actually done.
> So my question is this: How to I disable MUP.sys from within the recovery
> console.
>
> Thanks

Hello!
check your hardwares, may be USB device is faulty.
with regards,
ssg/pronetworks.org

Knight

      20th Sep 2003
Your answer is not the one I wanted, as you can see by my question, I know
what you are saying and have checked all other alternatives. All I need is
the info I ask. That is..." how to disable MUP.sys from the recovery
console."

Thats why I double typed my question. To avoid answers like yours.

your remind me of this:
Q: I need a gas station, where can I find one?
Your A: Have you checked your fuel pipes if they leak?

I know you wanted to help and I thank you for it,... but I am in a crappy
mood now.

Kenny

"S.Sengupta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Knight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > XP Startup STOPS with the white bar on the bottom and shows "mup.sys" as

> the
> > last file
> > loaded in the load (the textmode stuff shown in safe mode
> > boots)
> > like this
> > multi(0)\rdisk(0)\harddisk(0)\partition(1)\WINNT\System32
> > \mup.sys or similar.
> >
> > It seems that my motherboard has a chip that does not like MUP.sys

driver.
> > I read that there is a way to tell xp NOT to load a driver from within

the
> > recovery console, but I have not found how this is actually done.
> > So my question is this: How to I disable MUP.sys from within the

recovery
> > console.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Hello!
> check your hardwares, may be USB device is faulty.
> with regards,
> ssg/pronetworks.org

S.Sengupta

      20th Sep 2003
Hi!
Extremely sorry .
Now Try this:-
In the Recovery Console type " disable Mup.sys "
with regards/
ssg/pronetworks.org