Disable Domain Policies

=?Utf-8?B?bGVlc2FrZg==?=

      4th Jul 2007
I'm running XP SP2 on my home laptop and it has been joined to my work domain
so I can do work from home. I don't want the domain security policies to
apply when I am logging on locally but when I try to change the settings in
gpedit.msc, everything is disabled. Is there anyway I can disable the domain
policies when I'm logging in locally?

Malke

      4th Jul 2007
leesakf wrote:
> I'm running XP SP2 on my home laptop and it has been joined to my work domain
> so I can do work from home. I don't want the domain security policies to
> apply when I am logging on locally but when I try to change the settings in
> gpedit.msc, everything is disabled. Is there anyway I can disable the domain
> policies when I'm logging in locally?

There normally are no local user accounts created on a domain
workstation. It is a security risk. You should speak to your IT Dept.
about what you wish to do at home that you can't do because of Group
Policy restrictions. A better alternative would be for you to use a
different non-domain member computer for personal work.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com