Disable cut/copy paste in WORD

=?Utf-8?B?TWFya0M=?=

      29th Mar 2007
Disable cut/copy paste in WORD

Can anyone help please, is this actually possible to do in a word templete.
I need cut/copy/paste disbaled in 2 templates to ensure people type the
information thats required.

Thank you for any help.
Mark

Jay Freedman

      29th Mar 2007
If you're just trying to encourage people to do the right thing,
especially if they aren't very computer-literate, you can write macros
named EditCut, EditCopy, and EditPaste and don't put any code inside
the macros -- for example, just write

Sub EditCut()
End Sub

When the user tries to use the command, nothing will happen. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tSavePrint.htm for the
general principle.

If you need to be a bit more strict, you'll have to intercept about a
half dozen different paste commands, such as EditPasteSpecial. To see
the list, open the Macros dialog and set the "Macros in" dropdown to
"Word commands".

If the users are experienced and determined, there's nothing you can
do that's foolproof. All they'd have to do is hold down the Shift key
while opening the form, which disables all macros. Word is not, and
was never meant to be, a secured or locked-down environment -- it's an
editor, meant for changing things.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 04:22:00 -0700, MarkC
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Disable cut/copy paste in WORD
>
>Can anyone help please, is this actually possible to do in a word templete.
>I need cut/copy/paste disbaled in 2 templates to ensure people type the
>information thats required.
>
>Thank you for any help.
>Mark

Tony Jollans

      29th Mar 2007
Why do you want to make people type what they could copy?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

news:(E-Mail Removed)...