How to disable "Autoconfiguration IP Address" for WinXP

Chua Boon Hong

      30th Sep 2003
Hi,

I'm currently running on Windows XP (home PC with cable).

When I type the command "ipconfig /all" at the command
prompt, instead of showing my IP as "IP Address
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" it shows "Autoconfiguration IP Address
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", and I was not able to release and renew
my IP.

Can anybody guide me to disable the "Autoconfiguration" of
IP.

Thanks,
Your help is very much appreciated.
..

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

      30th Sep 2003
Please go to the following link, scroll the list to networking_web, select
it and try your question there:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

news:192b201c38714$5b814500$(E-Mail Removed)...