I direct access 2003 to sku111.cab i get error 25091

=?Utf-8?B?YW50aG9ueQ==?=

      6th Aug 2007
when trying to load subform/subreport in access 2003 message saids can't find
sku111.cab, I insert office pro 2003 then click message to install from
office cd. It then saids cant find it. I then try again using browse, and
direct access to its exact position it then saids error 25091... I have
copied sku111.cab to desktop from office pro 2003. I then re-directed access
to find it on my desktop...same error message ..

sku111 is in a winwar file I could unzip it, but not sure where to place
contents.. its driving me insane.. any help would appreciated...

thanks.....

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgV2hpdHRsZQ==?=

      6th Aug 2007

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896866
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"anthony" wrote:

> when trying to load subform/subreport in access 2003 message saids can't find
> sku111.cab, I insert office pro 2003 then click message to install from
> office cd. It then saids cant find it. I then try again using browse, and
> direct access to its exact position it then saids error 25091... I have
> copied sku111.cab to desktop from office pro 2003. I then re-directed access
> to find it on my desktop...same error message ..
>
> sku111 is in a winwar file I could unzip it, but not sure where to place
> contents.. its driving me insane.. any help would appreciated...
>
> thanks.....

=?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgV2hpdHRsZQ==?=

      6th Aug 2007
I also found the following doing a Google search:

http://blogs.msdn.com/jonathanh/arch...ku111-cab.aspx

Here is what to do. The files are on the Microsoft Office Professional 2003
disk. But in order for the installer to find the files you need to allow the
system to show hidden files, and also not hide extensions. here is how:
1.Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. Click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
3. Click the View tab.
4. Click Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.
5. Clear the Hide file extensions for known file typescheck box.

Next run your office program that gives you problems. <heck the whole office
suite does that> and then when you browse to show it the files, just select
your cdrom/dvdrom drive where your disk is.

--

"anthony" wrote:

> when trying to load subform/subreport in access 2003 message saids can't find
> sku111.cab, I insert office pro 2003 then click message to install from
> office cd. It then saids cant find it. I then try again using browse, and
> direct access to its exact position it then saids error 25091... I have
> copied sku111.cab to desktop from office pro 2003. I then re-directed access
> to find it on my desktop...same error message ..
>
> sku111 is in a winwar file I could unzip it, but not sure where to place
> contents.. its driving me insane.. any help would appreciated...
>
> thanks.....

=?Utf-8?B?YW50aG9ueQ==?=

      7th Aug 2007
Thanks Jerry,
I appreciate your time and will look at these sites more thoroughly. I did
have a quick look the other day but I thought they were related to finding
the file rather than not being able to access it.... but they do talk about
access problems and wrong discs..... thanks again

Anthony........ cheers