Digitally Sign

l_bax

      8th Sep 2005
This may not be the correct group to post this in. However, I have
alway had good luck when asking questions in this group. I'm using MS
Office Access 2003. I have several databases on my computer that were
working fine until this morning. When I tried to access my databases
this morning I get the following error messages
"MS Offices Access cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\baxleylg\My
Documents\CAPCASFY05.MDB due to secruity restrictions."

"Security settings restrict access to the file becuase it is not
digitally signed"

My computer is on a LAN. I've asked my System Administor and he is
"researching" the problem. As far as I can tell, other computers on
the LAN are not having this problem.

TIA

Larry

=?Utf-8?B?TWFoYSBBcnVwcHV0aGFuIFBhcHBhbg==?=

      8th Sep 2005
Larry,

I suggest you to ensure that you have administrative rights to the folder.

--
Maha Aruppthan Pappan
Nacap Asia Pacific (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

"l_bax" wrote:

> This may not be the correct group to post this in. However, I have
> alway had good luck when asking questions in this group. I'm using MS
> Office Access 2003. I have several databases on my computer that were
> working fine until this morning. When I tried to access my databases
> this morning I get the following error messages
> "MS Offices Access cannot open C:\Documents and Settings\baxleylg\My
> Documents\CAPCASFY05.MDB due to secruity restrictions."
>
> "Security settings restrict access to the file becuase it is not
> digitally signed"
>
> My computer is on a LAN. I've asked my System Administor and he is
> "researching" the problem. As far as I can tell, other computers on
> the LAN are not having this problem.
>
> TIA
>
> Larry

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      8th Sep 2005
The security prompts for Access 2003 can be avoided altogether, but you need
to have your network admin make that decision. If you use certificates, and
have the proper Service Pack (SP8) the certificate will last 1 year and then
you will begin getting prompts again until it's renewed. It can be avoided
altogether by setting the Macro security level to Low. This is not
recommended by Microsoft, but many, if not most companies have found this to
be the most viable solution. The code is not any more dangerous in Access
2003 than it was in previous versions, but Access 2003 makes us more aware
of the possible danger of not knowing who wrote the code.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
Microsoft Access

news:(E-Mail Removed)...