What is the difference between pps and ppt?

slideshow1

      24th Mar 2004
using powerpoint 2002. Want to do a presentation to a
group of individuals through a projector off of a lap
top. what is the best way to save this so that the
speaker has control? I have some test items that are set
to come on and off by click etc. on some of the slides.

Troy @ TLC Creative

      24th Mar 2004
Both a .pps and .ppt need PowerPoint to be installed or use the viewer
application. The difference is that a .pps when launched opens in show-mode
and a .ppt opens in edit-mode. Really no difference when in regards to using
a projector.

--
Best Regards,
Troy Chollar

"slideshow1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3d101c411c9$7c17f4e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> using powerpoint 2002. Want to do a presentation to a
> group of individuals through a projector off of a lap
> top. what is the best way to save this so that the
> speaker has control? I have some test items that are set
> to come on and off by click etc. on some of the slides.

christinaworks

      24th Mar 2004
also .pps isn't editable...so noone can change your numbers.

christinaworks
"Troy @ TLC Creative" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Both a .pps and .ppt need PowerPoint to be installed or use the viewer
> application. The difference is that a .pps when launched opens in

show-mode
> and a .ppt opens in edit-mode. Really no difference when in regards to

using
> a projector.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Troy Chollar
> ==============================
> "troy at TLCCreative dot com"
> TLC Creative Services, inc.
> www.tlccreative.com
> ==============================
>
> "slideshow1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e3d101c411c9$7c17f4e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > using powerpoint 2002. Want to do a presentation to a
> > group of individuals through a projector off of a lap
> > top. what is the best way to save this so that the
> > speaker has control? I have some test items that are set
> > to come on and off by click etc. on some of the slides.

IBPete

      24th Mar 2004
hmmmm... are you sure?
change pps extension to ppt and then open the file

christinaworks wrote:
> also .pps isn't editable...so noone can change your numbers.
>
> christinaworks
> "Troy @ TLC Creative" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>Both a .pps and .ppt need PowerPoint to be installed or use the viewer
>>application. The difference is that a .pps when launched opens in

> show-mode
>
>>and a .ppt opens in edit-mode. Really no difference when in regards to

> using
>
>>a projector.
>>
>>--
>>Best Regards,
>>Troy Chollar
>>==============================
>>"troy at TLCCreative dot com"
>>TLC Creative Services, inc.
>>www.tlccreative.com
>>==============================
>>
>>"slideshow1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:e3d101c411c9$7c17f4e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>using powerpoint 2002. Want to do a presentation to a
>>>group of individuals through a projector off of a lap
>>>top. what is the best way to save this so that the
>>>speaker has control? I have some test items that are set
>>>to come on and off by click etc. on some of the slides.

Bill Foley

      24th Mar 2004
Sure you can! All you have to do is to open PowerPoint, do a "File",
"Open", browse to the PPS file, select it, and you can change whatever you
want.

--
Bill Foley, Microsoft MVP (PowerPoint)
www.pttinc.com

"christinaworks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#vk$(E-Mail Removed)...
> also .pps isn't editable...so noone can change your numbers.
>
> christinaworks
> "Troy @ TLC Creative" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Both a .pps and .ppt need PowerPoint to be installed or use the viewer
> > application. The difference is that a .pps when launched opens in

> show-mode
> > and a .ppt opens in edit-mode. Really no difference when in regards to

> using
> > a projector.
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > Troy Chollar
> > ==============================
> > "troy at TLCCreative dot com"
> > TLC Creative Services, inc.
> > www.tlccreative.com
> > ==============================
> >
> > "slideshow1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:e3d101c411c9$7c17f4e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > using powerpoint 2002. Want to do a presentation to a
> > > group of individuals through a projector off of a lap
> > > top. what is the best way to save this so that the
> > > speaker has control? I have some test items that are set
> > > to come on and off by click etc. on some of the slides.

Steve Rindsberg

      25th Mar 2004
In article <#vk$(E-Mail Removed)>, Christinaworks wrote:
> also .pps isn't editable...so noone can change your numbers.

Care to place a small wager on that?

Or a very very large one?

Hint: I'm not a gambler. I only bet on sure things, and sure as you're born,
editing a PPS is easy as can be. ;-)

Start PPT, choose File, Open, browse to your PPS and you're editing.

slideshow1

      26th Mar 2004
Thank you all, and especially the inter banter vis a vis
editing. I learned a great deal and the biggest thing is
the opening of the show in front of people. I have always
hated getting up and starting a presentation from the edit
mode and just never knew how to get around it. Now I know
thanks to all of you. Editing for me is not a problem at
this stage of my presentation life but thanks for all the
hints.

Bill Foley

      26th Mar 2004
You're more than welcome. By the way, another hint...

Open your presentation in Slide Show mode and press the F1 key. You will
get as great deal of helpful key combinations that will assist you in
mastering your presentation.

--
Bill Foley, Microsoft MVP (PowerPoint)
www.pttinc.com
Check out PPT FAQs at: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/
Check out Word FAQs at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/index.htm

news:1385001c412bd$4e60c460$(E-Mail Removed)...