what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero Burning ROM 6???

TANDEX

      1st Mar 2005
Anybody know what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero Burning ROM
6??? There are no explanations even in Nero website. What I need is tool for
CD(data,audio) creating and copying and cover creation. No DVD, no VCD
required. What package I need ????

kurttrail

      1st Mar 2005
TANDEX wrote:
> Anybody know what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero
> Burning ROM 6??? There are no explanations even in Nero website. What
> I need is tool for CD(data,audio) creating and copying and cover
> creation. No DVD, no VCD required. What package I need ????

Nero Express is just Nero for idiots, and is a subset of Nero Burning
ROM.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Mikhail Zhilin

      1st Mar 2005
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:56:17 +0200, "TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anybody know what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero Burning ROM
>6??? There are no explanations even in Nero website. What I need is tool for
>CD(data,audio) creating and copying and cover creation. No DVD, no VCD
>required. What package I need ????

No difference at all: Nero Express 6 is the second, simple shell of Nero
Burning ROM 6.

--
Mikhail Zhilin
http://www.aha.ru/~mwz

TANDEX

      1st Mar 2005

"Mikhail Zhilin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:56:17 +0200, "TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Anybody know what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero Burning
>>ROM
>>6??? There are no explanations even in Nero website. What I need is tool
>>for
>>CD(data,audio) creating and copying and cover creation. No DVD, no VCD
>>required. What package I need ????
>>

> No difference at all: Nero Express 6 is the second, simple shell of Nero
> Burning ROM 6.
>
> --
> Mikhail Zhilin
> http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
> Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
> Please reply to the newsgroups only.
> ======

I have Nero OEM Suite(which include Nero Express). Can I upgrade to Nero
Burning ROM with existing serial number? From other hand, i need specific
software, for exact purpose: CD(data, audio) burning and copying and CD
cover's creation. No DVD/VCD creation required. What is in minimal required
package for? There are plenty of add-ins in Nero website, that purpose is
unclear.

Yves Leclerc

      1st Mar 2005
NO! The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero installer
installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with the serial
number. However, you may be able to buy an upgrade to the complete Nero
Ultra Edition software.

"TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mikhail Zhilin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:56:17 +0200, "TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Anybody know what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero Burning
>>>ROM
>>>6??? There are no explanations even in Nero website. What I need is tool
>>>for
>>>CD(data,audio) creating and copying and cover creation. No DVD, no VCD
>>>required. What package I need ????
>>>

>> No difference at all: Nero Express 6 is the second, simple shell of Nero
>> Burning ROM 6.
>>
>> --
>> Mikhail Zhilin
>> http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
>> Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
>> Please reply to the newsgroups only.
>> ======

> I have Nero OEM Suite(which include Nero Express). Can I upgrade to Nero
> Burning ROM with existing serial number? From other hand, i need specific
> software, for exact purpose: CD(data, audio) burning and copying and CD
> cover's creation. No DVD/VCD creation required. What is in minimal
> required package for? There are plenty of add-ins in Nero website, that
> purpose is unclear.

TANDEX

      1st Mar 2005

"Yves Leclerc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> NO! The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero
> installer installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with the
> serial
> number. However, you may be able to buy an upgrade to the complete Nero
> Ultra Edition software.
>

> "TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Mikhail Zhilin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> No difference at all: Nero Express 6 is the second, simple shell of Nero
>>> Burning ROM 6.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mikhail Zhilin
>>> http://www.aha.ru/~mwz
>>> Sorry, no technical support by e-mail.
>>> Please reply to the newsgroups only.
>>> ======

>> I have Nero OEM Suite(which include Nero Express). Can I upgrade to Nero
>> Burning ROM with existing serial number? From other hand, i need specific
>> software, for exact purpose: CD(data, audio) burning and copying and CD
>> cover's creation. No DVD/VCD creation required. What is in minimal
>> required package for? There are plenty of add-ins in Nero website, that
>> purpose is unclear.

==============
Not clear: "The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero
installer
installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with the serial
number."
Can I upgade my Nero Express to latest Nero Express version? And what I
should do for?? There are no clear explanation on Nero website.. There are
no even *single* NeroExpress package on their website, for fast upgrade,
only huge bundles...

=?Utf-8?B?Y29saWJveQ==?=

      1st Mar 2005
You can *update* your OEM version to the latest one from the Nero
website(currently 6.6.0.8) using your existing serial number, but you can't
update *only* Express. As you have mentioned, the drawback is the size of the
updates, not small at 30+MB every other month!

Neither, AFAIK, can you choose not to have the DVD/VCD burning tools, it's
all part of the package.

So update-- yes, Upgrade--no, that you have to buy.

Colin.

"TANDEX" wrote:

> "Yves Leclerc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > NO! The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero
> > installer installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with the
> > serial
> > number. However, you may be able to buy an upgrade to the complete Nero
> > Ultra Edition software.
> >

> > "TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Mikhail Zhilin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> I have Nero OEM Suite(which include Nero Express). Can I upgrade to Nero
> >> Burning ROM with existing serial number? From other hand, i need specific
> >> software, for exact purpose: CD(data, audio) burning and copying and CD
> >> cover's creation. No DVD/VCD creation required. What is in minimal
> >> required package for? There are plenty of add-ins in Nero website, that
> >> purpose is unclear.

> ==============
> Not clear: "The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero
> installer
> installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with the serial
> number."
> Can I upgade my Nero Express to latest Nero Express version? And what I
> should do for?? There are no clear explanation on Nero website.. There are
> no even *single* NeroExpress package on their website, for fast upgrade,
> only huge bundles...

Yves Leclerc

      1st Mar 2005
YES! You can update the Nero Express 6 to the latest. It is in bundle 1.

"TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Yves Leclerc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> NO! The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero
>> installer installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with
>> the serial
>> number. However, you may be able to buy an upgrade to the complete Nero
>> Ultra Edition software.
>>

>> "TANDEX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Mikhail Zhilin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I have Nero OEM Suite(which include Nero Express). Can I upgrade to Nero
>>> Burning ROM with existing serial number? From other hand, i need
>>> specific software, for exact purpose: CD(data, audio) burning and
>>> copying and CD cover's creation. No DVD/VCD creation required. What is
>>> in minimal required package for? There are plenty of add-ins in Nero
>>> website, that purpose is unclear.

> ==============
> Not clear: "The OEM license is only usuable for the version that the Nero
> installer
> installs. If you get Express, you can only get Express with the serial
> number."
> Can I upgade my Nero Express to latest Nero Express version? And what I
> should do for?? There are no clear explanation on Nero website.. There are
> no even *single* NeroExpress package on their website, for fast upgrade,
> only huge bundles...

Sharon F

      1st Mar 2005
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:36:25 +0200, TANDEX wrote:

> I have Nero OEM Suite(which include Nero Express). Can I upgrade to Nero
> Burning ROM with existing serial number? From other hand, i need specific
> software, for exact purpose: CD(data, audio) burning and copying and CD
> cover's creation. No DVD/VCD creation required. What is in minimal required
> package for? There are plenty of add-ins in Nero website, that purpose is
> unclear.

Nero has, in the past, a very generous upgrade offer for OEM licenses.
Check their web pages for details. If the answer is not apparent, drop them
an email or visit their user forums.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Ad

      1st Mar 2005
TANDEX wrote:
> Anybody know what is difference between Nero Express 6 and Nero Burning ROM
> 6??? There are no explanations even in Nero website. What I need is tool for
> CD(data,audio) creating and copying and cover creation. No DVD, no VCD
> required. What package I need ????

Nero express is more of a wizard, so you do everything step by step.
Nero burnng rom is the one most people use, you do everything your self,
no hand holding.