How did I lose my CD drives?

=?Utf-8?B?QXJmZXI=?=

      5th Mar 2005
This has really got me, I am running a W2000 Pc which is not and never has
been connected to the Internet.Like wise I have not installed any new
software.Last night I went to play a CD and precisely nothing happened.
Subsequently I went to My Computer and neither of my CD drives are even
listed..However my girlfriend has used the PC on her own but she says she has
not done anything that might cause this and even if she has I can't find it!!
Any help in finding the missing drives much appreciated. TIA Arfer.

Jud

      5th Mar 2005

"Arfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This has really got me, I am running a W2000 Pc which is not and never has
> been connected to the Internet.Like wise I have not installed any new
> software.Last night I went to play a CD and precisely nothing happened.
> Subsequently I went to My Computer and neither of my CD drives are even
> listed..However my girlfriend has used the PC on her own but she says she

has
> not done anything that might cause this and even if she has I can't find

it!!
> Any help in finding the missing drives much appreciated. TIA Arfer.

Faulty PSU, cabling, IDE channel gone south,

Get the case open and unplug and reseat all connections.

Jud

the gnome

      18th Mar 2005
Another cause is changing CD burning software from Adaptec/Roxio to Nero.

the_gnome

news:vijWd.268$(E-Mail Removed)...