Did I do something wrong???

tlc_13200@hotmail.com

      15th Sep 2009
Maybe because this is my first time setting up Home Prem. for a peer-to-peer
network between two PC's? I have Discovery network turned on, and Share
folders wihtout th passwords, and for some reason or another I keep getting
this error after I can see the other computer.

"Windows cannot access \\Joe-pc\c"

check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with
your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

Is there is something I mised?

I mean, they can see each other, but can not acess the "C" drive in either
computers in order to read and open files up. Is there something else
blocking this permission? Although I believe I activated, turned on and apply
"ALLOWED" in the permissions, somehow or another it's still not allowing one
another to see shared folders.

Please advise?

Jack [MVP-Networking]

      15th Sep 2009
Hi
Firewall instructions.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web...file-share.asp
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe because this is my first time setting up Home Prem. for a
> peer-to-peer
> network between two PC's? I have Discovery network turned on, and Share
> folders wihtout th passwords, and for some reason or another I keep
> getting
> this error after I can see the other computer.
>
> "Windows cannot access \\Joe-pc\c"
>
> check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with
> your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click
> Diagnose.
>
> Is there is something I mised?
>
> I mean, they can see each other, but can not acess the "C" drive in either
> computers in order to read and open files up. Is there something else
> blocking this permission? Although I believe I activated, turned on and
> apply
> "ALLOWED" in the permissions, somehow or another it's still not allowing
> one
> another to see shared folders.
>
> Please advise?

tlc_13200@hotmail.com

      16th Sep 2009
Hi Jack-

Both systems are using VISTA OS, no XP and Vista... not sure how this will
help... but, I can tell you this...
Public Folder Sharing is enable without password turned on, the same goes
for Printer sharing, and obviously Password protected sharing s disabled.

Maybe something else could be the issue here? Any other suggestions is most
appriecated.

D. Morales