Where did bliss.bmp come from?

Tom Hartley

      27th Oct 2003
I'm just curious and I have been asked before -
Is bliss.bmp a real photo of a real field and if it is
then where was the picture taken and who took it?
If it is a computer generated image then who made it?
What was it called Bliss ? Who named it?
Who knows?

Thanks for your help on this guys -
Much appreciated!

Wesley VogelX

      28th Oct 2003
This is a picture of my backyard. The picture is taken from the north.
Wes

"Tom Hartley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:003201c39cb7$aa5aee20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm just curious and I have been asked before -
> Is bliss.bmp a real photo of a real field and if it is
> then where was the picture taken and who took it?
> If it is a computer generated image then who made it?
> What was it called Bliss ? Who named it?
> Who knows?
>
> Thanks for your help on this guys -
> Much appreciated!

David

      29th Oct 2003
"Tom Hartley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:003201c39cb7$aa5aee20$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm just curious and I have been asked before -
> Is bliss.bmp a real photo of a real field and if it is
> then where was the picture taken and who took it?
> If it is a computer generated image then who made it?
> What was it called Bliss ? Who named it?
> Who knows?
>
> Thanks for your help on this guys -
> Much appreciated!

Who cares?

--

David

Programmers write "Help Files" for a reason. use them.

"Due to Viewer dicretion...
Graphic violence is advised"

http://www.HeroicStories.com/
http://www.thisistrue.com/

§kullywag©-

      29th Oct 2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:22:27 -0800, David <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Tom Hartley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:003201c39cb7$aa5aee20$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I'm just curious and I have been asked before -
>> Is bliss.bmp a real photo of a real field and if it is
>> then where was the picture taken and who took it?
>> If it is a computer generated image then who made it?
>> What was it called Bliss ? Who named it?
>> Who knows?
>>
>> Thanks for your help on this guys -
>> Much appreciated!
>>

>Who cares?

Oh, don't be a poop.

If you blow up a section of the image, you will see it is computer
generated. Though not an expert.......... it looks like it may have
been created using Corel's "Bryce".

§kullywag©-

Jonathan

      30th Oct 2003
I'm curious- how, exactly, can you tell that it's from a CG image? What
sort of things do you look for when you check out the image?

Thanks,

Jonathan Scoles

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, §kullywag©- wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:22:27 -0800, David <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >"Tom Hartley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:003201c39cb7$aa5aee20$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> I'm just curious and I have been asked before -
> >> Is bliss.bmp a real photo of a real field and if it is
> >> then where was the picture taken and who took it?
> >> If it is a computer generated image then who made it?
> >> What was it called Bliss ? Who named it?
> >> Who knows?
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help on this guys -
> >> Much appreciated!
> >>

> >Who cares?

> Oh, don't be a poop.
>
> If you blow up a section of the image, you will see it is computer
> generated. Though not an expert.......... it looks like it may have
> been created using Corel's "Bryce".
>

> §kullywag©-

§kullywag©-

      30th Oct 2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:58:07 -0800, Jonathan
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm curious- how, exactly, can you tell that it's from a CG image? What
>sort of things do you look for when you check out the image?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jonathan Scoles

Duplicated patterns, and a more "abstract" look the closer you zoom
in.
I've been using "Bryce" for years, and you easily spot a CG vs real.
Close....but no cigar.

§kullywag©-

New Member

      20th Jul 2012
FYI
Bliss image

Yes, I'm a miner and love to dig out such an old topics ;P