PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Device manager clean up

 
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      25th Nov 2003
Ok...i have made an image but when i mage certain machines there a few
things in device manager that arent installed hence the yellow ! , i cant
seem to find what they are it says PCI device but there isnt PCI card in it
at all, i updated the chipset aswell it didnt help, i made the image from a
laptop which i found the easiest thing to do for mass storage devices, it
just works. So, i sysprep the image machine load the image to another pc
gx150 , 270 from a ibm a31 which all work sexcept for these little things
does anyone know what i can do to fix this , if i was to uninstall
everything from within device manager except for NIC so i could upload the
image to ther server ,would it help any, any suggestions would be great!


Jay


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Patrick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      25th Nov 2003
The hardware from one end to the other needs to be identical for this to
work.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

"Jay" wrote:
> Ok...i have made an image but when i mage certain machines there a few
> things in device manager that arent installed hence the yellow ! , i cant
> seem to find what they are it says PCI device but there isnt PCI card in

it
> at all, i updated the chipset aswell it didnt help, i made the image from

a
> laptop which i found the easiest thing to do for mass storage devices, it
> just works. So, i sysprep the image machine load the image to another pc
> gx150 , 270 from a ibm a31 which all work sexcept for these little things
> does anyone know what i can do to fix this , if i was to uninstall
> everything from within device manager except for NIC so i could upload the
> image to ther server ,would it help any, any suggestions would be great!
>
>
> Jay
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      25th Nov 2003
that cannot be true, because every body i know , and on these forums and
news use sysprep to go accross multiple platforms, hence IBM,DELL,HP if it
couldnt be done it would be worthless to make a master image. It works in XP
np, so there again there is something else im not doing or i need to do to
get this to work with 2000.

thanks for the reply


"Dave Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The hardware from one end to the other needs to be identical for this to
> work.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
> Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]
>
> "Jay" wrote:
> > Ok...i have made an image but when i mage certain machines there a few
> > things in device manager that arent installed hence the yellow ! , i

cant
> > seem to find what they are it says PCI device but there isnt PCI card in

> it
> > at all, i updated the chipset aswell it didnt help, i made the image

from
> a
> > laptop which i found the easiest thing to do for mass storage devices,

it
> > just works. So, i sysprep the image machine load the image to another pc
> > gx150 , 270 from a ibm a31 which all work sexcept for these little

things
> > does anyone know what i can do to fix this , if i was to uninstall
> > everything from within device manager except for NIC so i could upload

the
> > image to ther server ,would it help any, any suggestions would be great!
> >
> >
> > Jay
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Patrick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      25th Nov 2003
This article may help.

How to Move a Windows Installation to Different Hardware
http://support.microsoft.com/directo...;EN-US;Q249694


--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]

"Jay" wrote:
> that cannot be true, because every body i know , and on these forums and
> news use sysprep to go accross multiple platforms, hence IBM,DELL,HP if it
> couldnt be done it would be worthless to make a master image. It works in

XP
> np, so there again there is something else im not doing or i need to do to
> get this to work with 2000.
>
> thanks for the reply



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Device Manager errors after clean install Jerry Windows Vista Installation 3 9th Mar 2007 03:23 PM
Device manager Unknown Device & PCI Device (yellow warning) Alora Duncan Windows XP Hardware 1 2nd Feb 2004 06:52 PM
Device manager Unknown Device & PCI Device (yellow warning) Alora Duncan Microsoft Windows 2000 1 2nd Feb 2004 06:52 PM
Device manager Unknown Device & PCI Device (yellow warning) Alora Duncan Microsoft Windows 2000 Upgrade 1 2nd Feb 2004 06:52 PM
Device manager Unknown Device & PCI Device (yellow warning) Alora Duncan Microsoft Windows 2000 Hardware 1 2nd Feb 2004 06:52 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:26 AM.