Device manager - "Class not registered"

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=

      21st Apr 2007
I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. When I try to open the device
manager, I get an error message that says "Class Not Registered". When I
click OK, the error message closes and nothing else happens. What can I do
to fix this?

=?Utf-8?B?ZnV6eg==?=

      21st Apr 2007
Hey... also having Device Manager error.. when I click on mine, it won't open
and it gives me a .exe error message. Mamamegs responded to my posting and
suggested to try typing "devmgmt.msc in the startup searchbox. Give that a
whirl???
Fuzz

"Shaun" wrote:

> I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. When I try to open the device
> manager, I get an error message that says "Class Not Registered". When I
> click OK, the error message closes and nothing else happens. What can I do
> to fix this?

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?=

      21st Apr 2007
devmgmt.msc also gives me the "Class not registered" message. Any other ideas?