PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeo

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?c2F0YW5pc3Rlbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2005
Event Type: Error
Event Source: atapi
Event Category: None
Event ID: 9
Date: 17.12.2005
Time: 11:02:35
User: N/A
Computer: SIGMUND
Description:
The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 0f 00 50 00 01 00 a4 00 ..P...¤.
0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0 .......À
0010: 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........
0038: 40 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00 @.......
0040: 00 20 0a 12 40 03 20 00 . ..@. .
0048: 00 02 00 00 0a 00 00 00 ........
0050: a8 f9 1d 02 50 fb 91 84 ¨ù..Pû‘„
0058: 00 00 00 00 98 a5 98 84 ....˜¥˜„
0060: 02 00 00 00 55 fc 93 09 ....Uü“.
0068: 28 00 09 93 fc 55 00 00 (..“üU..
0070: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

what is this?? it sounds like my computer going nuts when it happens, any
thing i can do to fix it? \Device\Ide\IdePort0 <----is that the hd or
sumthing? do i need to get a new one?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Elliot Mackenzie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2005
Could be a number of things, but the most obvious (and most likely)
possibility is the hard drive itself. Try replacing it with a different
one and see if the problem goes away.

M.

satanisten wrote:
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: atapi
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 9
> Date: 17.12.2005
> Time: 11:02:35
> User: N/A
> Computer: SIGMUND
> Description:
> The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 0f 00 50 00 01 00 a4 00 ..P...¤.
> 0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0 .......À
> 0010: 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........
> 0038: 40 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00 @.......
> 0040: 00 20 0a 12 40 03 20 00 . ..@. .
> 0048: 00 02 00 00 0a 00 00 00 ........
> 0050: a8 f9 1d 02 50 fb 91 84 ¨ù..Pû‘„
> 0058: 00 00 00 00 98 a5 98 84 ....˜¥˜„
> 0060: 02 00 00 00 55 fc 93 09 ....Uü“.
> 0068: 28 00 09 93 fc 55 00 00 (..“üU..
> 0070: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>
> what is this?? it sounds like my computer going nuts when it happens, any
> thing i can do to fix it? \Device\Ide\IdePort0 <----is that the hd or
> sumthing? do i need to get a new one?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?c2F0YW5pc3Rlbg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2005


"Elliot Mackenzie" wrote:

> Could be a number of things, but the most obvious (and most likely)
> possibility is the hard drive itself. Try replacing it with a different
> one and see if the problem goes away.
>
> M.


Thx for a reply elliot, did a test with another hd , but still same error,
is there anyone that can tell me how i can find out what device this is
\Device\Ide\IdePort0 ? cuz i cant figure it out....
 
Reply With Quote
 
Elliot Mackenzie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2005
It could be a dead IDE cable, a malfunctioning device on the same
controller, or the controller itself. Try replacing the IDE cable and
sripping down your system to the minimum (remove cdrom/burner/dvd etc,
and anything else using IDE except the hard drive itself). If none of
that works you have to make some choices:

1. Try the hard drive on another motherboard
2. Try another hard drive in that same motherboard

To be honest it sounds like you might be having either cabling issues or
a motherboard problem.

M.

satanisten wrote:
>
> "Elliot Mackenzie" wrote:
>
>> Could be a number of things, but the most obvious (and most likely)
>> possibility is the hard drive itself. Try replacing it with a different
>> one and see if the problem goes away.
>>
>> M.

>
> Thx for a reply elliot, did a test with another hd , but still same error,
> is there anyone that can tell me how i can find out what device this is
> \Device\Ide\IdePort0 ? cuz i cant figure it out....

 
Reply With Quote
 
Rock
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Dec 2005
satanisten wrote:

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: atapi
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 9
> Date: 17.12.2005
> Time: 11:02:35
> User: N/A
> Computer: SIGMUND
> Description:
> The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 0f 00 50 00 01 00 a4 00 ..P...¤.
> 0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0 .......À
> 0010: 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........
> 0038: 40 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00 @.......
> 0040: 00 20 0a 12 40 03 20 00 . ..@. .
> 0048: 00 02 00 00 0a 00 00 00 ........
> 0050: a8 f9 1d 02 50 fb 91 84 ¨ù..Pû‘„
> 0058: 00 00 00 00 98 a5 98 84 ....˜¥˜„
> 0060: 02 00 00 00 55 fc 93 09 ....Uü“.
> 0068: 28 00 09 93 fc 55 00 00 (..“üU..
> 0070: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>
> what is this?? it sounds like my computer going nuts when it happens, any
> thing i can do to fix it? \Device\Ide\IdePort0 <----is that the hd or
> sumthing? do i need to get a new one?


How to Troubleshoot Event 9 and Event 11 Error Messages:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=154690

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Http Post Error: A connection attempt failed because the connectedparty did not properly respond after a period of time, or establishedconnection failed because connected host has failed to respond. Deepu Microsoft Dot NET Framework 1 9th Jul 2009 05:09 PM
Email response tracking- who did and did not respond to an email. =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 4th Nov 2005 03:56 PM
Re: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeo Karl Seguin Microsoft ASP .NET 0 14th Apr 2005 04:30 PM
anyone seeing this error? Device\Ide\IdePort1\ , did not respond within the timeout period (after install of sp2?) robin Windows XP Security 2 7th Sep 2004 04:02 PM
is anyone see this error? after installing sp2? Device\Ide\IdePort1\ , did not respond within the timeout period." robin Windows XP Help 1 6th Sep 2004 02:15 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:08 AM.