Device Detection

Peter Detheridge

      2nd Mar 2004
I am trying to remove a device and to re-install using
the drivers from a particular file. WinXP however has
other ideas and is installing the device automatically
without asking where to get the drivers from. Can anyone
tell me how to force Windows to look elsewhere for the
drivers please?

Yves Leclerc

      2nd Mar 2004
Remove the device from Device Manager. Then reboot into "Safe Mode" and try
to install the correct drivers.

news:5eac01c40097$48666bb0$(E-Mail Removed)...