PC Review

Developing and Deploying Pocket PC Setup Applications

28th Sep 2005
Good Day,
I finished my Pocket PC application and now I create MSI file for distribution. (http://blog.opennetcf.org/ctacke/bin...loyingApps.htm)
I ´mplemented dll file for "Custom Actions During Installation". In event BeforeInstall I extract files into Microsoft ActiveSync Folder, then run CeAppMgr.exe with parameter "MyApplication.ini"

MyApplication.ini:
[CEAppManager]
Version = 1.0
Component = NewPPD

[NewPPD]
Description = PorostsnÝ přÝjem dřÝvÝ
CabFiles = NewPPD_PPC.ARM.CAB,NewPPD_PPC.SH3.CAB

Type of my Pocket PC processor is ARM. If MyApplication.ini looks like above, everything is OK and appliacation is installed on my pocket PC.

BUT...
When I change row CabFiles to
CabFiles = NewPPD_PPC.SH3.CAB,NewPPD_PPC.ARM.CAB
installation faild with text "...was not installed successfully. Please run Setup again". I thought that CeAppMgr will determine appropriate type of CPU and CAB file, but it seems like CeAppMgr take first from CabFiles line (NewPPD_PPC.SH3.CAB).

Can somebody help me, how to solve this problem?

Thank You

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: