Devanagari font in MS Word 2003. Conjoint consonants?

=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZCBTbm9kZ3Jhc3M=?=

      27th Jun 2005
MS Word 2003 provides an elegant Devanagari font, but I cannot find any
provision for conjoint consonants in either Hindi or Sanskrit.

What is the practice in typing Hindi in today's India? Two separate
consonants with viram (or virama) after the first one? Surely not!

I hope I won't have to purchase a third party word package.

Help, please.
--
Cheers! Fred

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

      27th Jun 2005
Hi Fred,

You may want to also post this in the Word International Features
group (link below).

=======
<<"Fred Snodgrass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
MS Word 2003 provides an elegant Devanagari font, but I cannot find any
provision for conjoint consonants in either Hindi or Sanskrit.

What is the practice in typing Hindi in today's India? Two separate
consonants with viram (or virama) after the first one? Surely not!

I hope I won't have to purchase a third party word package.

Help, please.
--
Cheers! Fred>>
--
MS Office System Products MVP
*courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends8

A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...ional.features

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZCBTbm9kZ3Jhc3M=?=

      27th Jun 2005
Bob

Thank you for your suggestion, which I shall follow.

This is my first foray into Discussion Groups: I was a trifle surprised at
the comment ' *courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends8'. I am
truly sorry if you found my query discourteous.
--
Cheers! Fred

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> You may want to also post this in the Word International Features
> group (link below).
>
> =======
> <<"Fred Snodgrass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MS Word 2003 provides an elegant Devanagari font, but I cannot find any
> provision for conjoint consonants in either Hindi or Sanskrit.
>
> What is the practice in typing Hindi in today's India? Two separate
> consonants with viram (or virama) after the first one? Surely not!
>
> I hope I won't have to purchase a third party word package.
>
> Help, please.
> --
> Cheers! Fred>>
> --
> MS Office System Products MVP
> *courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends8
>
> A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
> or via browser:
> http://microsoft.com/communities/new...ional.features
>
> B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
> http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
> or
> Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      27th Jun 2005
That "comment" is part of Bob's signature. It appears on every post. I
always assumed it was his philosophy and an admonition to himself, not to
others.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)