Desktop shortcut to ipconfig /all?

Peabody

      29th Nov 2005
I would like to have a shortcut on my desktop to ipconfig.exe with
the additional command line "/all". When I attempt to do this, the
program appears to run, but immediately returns to Windows proper -
it's just a brief flash on the screen.

If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.

R. McCarty

      29th Nov 2005
Create a batch file with:
Ipconfig/all
Pause
Create a shortcut and modify it's properties for window size &
placement. When run, the batch will execute -showing the info
and then idle on the pause command. Any key press will allow
the batch to finish and exit.

"Peabody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I would like to have a shortcut on my desktop to ipconfig.exe with
> the additional command line "/all". When I attempt to do this, the
> program appears to run, but immediately returns to Windows proper -
> it's just a brief flash on the screen.
>
> If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
> line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.

Bruce Chambers

      30th Nov 2005
Peabody wrote:
> I would like to have a shortcut on my desktop to ipconfig.exe with
> the additional command line "/all". When I attempt to do this, the
> program appears to run, but immediately returns to Windows proper -
> it's just a brief flash on the screen.
>
> If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
> line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.

Place "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all" (without the quotes)
in the target field of the shortcut.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Peabody

      30th Nov 2005
Bruce Chambers says...

>Peabody wrote:
>> I would like to have a shortcut on my desktop to ipconfig.exe with
>> the additional command line "/all". When I attempt to do this, the
>> program appears to run, but immediately returns to Windows proper -
>> it's just a brief flash on the screen.
>>
>> If it's possible to do this, could someone tell me what the Target
>> line for the shortcut should say? Thanks very much.
>>

> Place "%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k ipconfig /all" (without

the quotes)
>in the target field of the shortcut.

Thanks Bruce. That works fine.