Desktop Message "Balloons"

=?Utf-8?B?R3Vz?=

      20th Sep 2004
Is there any way to disable or kill the irritating little messages (look like
text from a comic strip) that keep popping up to explain every little action
that I am about to take. Maybe the first day they were useful, but now they
are just a pain.

--
New at XP

=?Utf-8?B?TS4gUmFqZXNo?=

      20th Sep 2004
Hi,

Open explorer.
click on tools | Folder options.
click on the view tab.
uncheck the option "show popups for folders and desktop items"

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com

"Gus" wrote:

> Is there any way to disable or kill the irritating little messages (look like
> text from a comic strip) that keep popping up to explain every little action
> that I am about to take. Maybe the first day they were useful, but now they
> are just a pain.
>

> --
> New at XP

=?Utf-8?B?R3Vz?=

      20th Sep 2004
This may have eliminated some pop-up balloons, but I am still getting others.
One reminded me after a restart that I had files to save to a CD. It had a
triangle with an exclaimation mark in it. I have saved all working files to
a second hard drive and have elected to not burn a CD every time I get that
notification - which appears after each start-up of the computer (cold start)
each day.

"M. Rajesh" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Open explorer.
> click on tools | Folder options.
> click on the view tab.
> uncheck the option "show popups for folders and desktop items"
>
> Regards
> M. Rajesh
> .Net and Windows Shell MVP
> www.winxpsolution.com
>
> "Gus" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to disable or kill the irritating little messages (look like
> > text from a comic strip) that keep popping up to explain every little action
> > that I am about to take. Maybe the first day they were useful, but now they
> > are just a pain.
> >

> > --
> > New at XP

=?Utf-8?B?R3Vz?=

      22nd Sep 2004
That doesn't get the job done. Any other thoughts?
Gus