desktop icon text color change

Amos

      6th Jul 2003
How can I change the color of the text under the icons on my desktop? Can it
be done?

mrtee

      6th Jul 2003
I have 2 colors, black or white. Change the background color to change the color of the text.

--
Just my 2˘ worth,
Jeff
"Amos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message newsk1Oa.54078$fG.38353@sccrnsc01...
| How can I change the color of the text under the icons on my desktop? Can it
| be done?

---

Kelly

      7th Jul 2003
Hi Amos,

By default in XP, it can't be manually changed. The text changes on its own
from dark to light depending on the color of the background. It is based on
the Desktop color not the Wallpaper. The combo is whether or not you are
using a Wallpaper and what the Desktop color is.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows® XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

"Amos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsk1Oa.54078$fG.38353@sccrnsc01...
> How can I change the color of the text under the icons on my desktop? Can

it
> be done?

Knight

      9th Jul 2003
there is a third party program that lets you do this.

its called WINDOWSFX from www.stardock.com

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/

Kenny

A short listing of its features include:
a.. True, alpha blended shadows under windows
b.. Ability to morph windows when minimizing and maximizing (SEE VIDEO IN
ACTION)
c.. Several different morphing effects available.
d.. A set of window opening and closing effects
e.. Ability to have large icons on the desktop while having normal sized
icons everywhere else
f.. Ability to apply light sources to different coordinates on the desktop
that colorize titlebar/borders of windows*
g.. Wide range of semi-transparency options such as making windows, the
star bar, menus, and more semi-transparent
h.. Various special effects for Windows desktop icons and their labels
i.. A set of special effects for menus when opened and closed
j.. User defined size for windows to maximize to.
k.. Able to add more transition special effects and shadows created by
users
l.. and more!

--

......Creativity is intelligence having fun !.....;-)

For the ones reading technical replies, I would kindly request them to give
me their feedback with another post (in the same thread of course), so I
will know if my advice helped them or not.

Kenny S www.talentgrid.com
www.computerboom.net