Desktop has white square in top left corner..........

Michael

      23rd Feb 2006
I recently had 3 Trojan horses removed from my pc which left my desktop solid white. I was able to have the desktop restored with the exception of a 4" by 4" white square in the top left hand corner of a 19" monitor. I went to display and reset background, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      23rd Feb 2006
Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
On the Web tab, delete all the items except "My current homepage". (uncheck
it)

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

I recently had 3 Trojan horses removed from my pc which left my desktop
solid white. I was able to have the desktop restored with the exception of a
4" by 4" white square in the top left hand corner of a 19" monitor. I went
to display and reset background, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Michael

      23rd Feb 2006
Hey, thanks...it worked! I really appreciate the help.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
> On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
> On the Web tab, delete all the items except "My current homepage".
> (uncheck
> it)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
> Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I recently had 3 Trojan horses removed from my pc which left my desktop
> solid white. I was able to have the desktop restored with the exception of
> 4" by 4" white square in the top left hand corner of a 19" monitor. I went
> to display and reset background, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      24th Feb 2006
You're welcome.