Desktop & Dialog Box Icons Multiple Selection

=?Utf-8?B?QW50b24gSmFuc2Vu?=

      8th Jul 2006
When I double click on an icon on the desktop OR in a dialog box, multiple
icons are randomly selected (they are all highlighted). If I proceed ALL the
programs are opened. The only way I can stop this happening is to right click
on an icon and select 'Open'. Please help.

Detlev Dreyer

      8th Jul 2006
Anton Jansen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When I double click on an icon on the desktop OR in a dialog box,
> multiple icons are randomly selected (they are all highlighted). If I
> proceed ALL the programs are opened. The only way I can stop this
> happening is to right click on an icon and select 'Open'.

Scan the system for malware and/or connect a different mouse since
Windows does not show that behavior by default.

--
d-d

=?Utf-8?B?QW50b24gSmFuc2Vu?=

      9th Jul 2006
Thank you Detlev, I have a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse, I will look
into this.

"Detlev Dreyer" wrote:

> Anton Jansen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > When I double click on an icon on the desktop OR in a dialog box,
> > multiple icons are randomly selected (they are all highlighted). If I
> > proceed ALL the programs are opened. The only way I can stop this
> > happening is to right click on an icon and select 'Open'.

> Scan the system for malware and/or connect a different mouse since
> Windows does not show that behavior by default.
>
> --
> d-d

Detlev Dreyer

      10th Jul 2006
Anton Jansen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Thank you Detlev, I have a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse, I will
> look into this.

The problem *might* be resolved after replacing the batteries.

--
d-d