PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Design mode always popping up

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      9th Aug 2006
I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
set to low. Any other ideas?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cindy M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      13th Aug 2006
Hi =?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=,

> I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
> design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
> here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
> security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
> opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
> again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
> set to low. Any other ideas?
>

You don't mention the version of Word... Could the information in this article
apply?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822528

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      14th Aug 2006
This is Word that comes in Microsoft Office 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention
that.

"Cindy M." wrote:

> Hi =?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=,
>
> > I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
> > design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
> > here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
> > security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
> > opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
> > again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
> > set to low. Any other ideas?
> >

> You don't mention the version of Word... Could the information in this article
> apply?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822528
>
> Cindy Meister
> INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17 2005)
> http://www.word.mvps.org
>
> This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
> reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Cindy M.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      18th Aug 2006
Hi =?Utf-8?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=,

> This is Word that comes in Microsoft Office 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention
> that.
>

I thought there used to be a KB article that described this problem, but I can't
seem to turn it up anymore :-(

This is happening with only the one document? How about if you copy everything
except the last paragraph mark into a new document: does this document behave
correctly?

> > > I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
> > > design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
> > > here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
> > > security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
> > > opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
> > > again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
> > > set to low. Any other ideas?

>


Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Crashes in Normal Mode, Safe Mode With Networking mode butnot Safe Mode bhoi Windows XP Help 0 15th Aug 2011 10:05 PM
Control Toolbox keeps popping up and I am in design mode =?Utf-8?B?Y2luZGk=?= Microsoft Outlook VBA Programming 0 16th Oct 2007 08:10 PM
how do i apply an Axis design or radial design from design templa. =?Utf-8?B?bmFkaWE=?= Microsoft Powerpoint 1 3rd Apr 2005 02:21 AM
Stopping the popping up when popping in Chris Windows XP General 2 30th Sep 2003 04:36 PM
Re: Enter Excel Design Mode and Exit Design Mode Bill Lunney Microsoft Excel Programming 0 4th Aug 2003 07:48 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:39 PM.