DEP closing Windows applications

Laura

      1st Nov 2009
DEP is automatically closing Windows applications. I have run malicious
software scan, and no viruses were detected. Can't delete any programs
because DEP closes any attempts. Can't run Windows Defender because DEP
closes any attempts.
Please help!
Thanks

Bill Sanderson

      1st Nov 2009
I suspect your machine may not be as clean as you think. What did you use to scan it? The Malicious software removal tool is not a full-fledged antimalware scan--it only scans for particular families of malware.

I would recommend restarting windows in safe mode with networking, and running the scan at http://safety.live.com

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222

The above KB article shows how to restart in safe mode.

"Laura" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> DEP is automatically closing Windows applications. I have run malicious
> software scan, and no viruses were detected. Can't delete any programs
> because DEP closes any attempts. Can't run Windows Defender because DEP
> closes any attempts.
> Please help!
> Thanks

Tim Clark

      2nd Nov 2009
Laura,
Bill Sanderson replied to your question yesterday, but I see it has not
shown up in the WebView thru which you have posted, so I repost it here:

Tim