Deleting PowerPoint Notes

=?Utf-8?B?TWF1cmE=?=

      15th Feb 2005
How do you save a PowerPoint file WITHOUT SAVING THE NOTES?? I want to send
someone a file, but I do not want them to be able to read all my notes. I
have tried to do this in the Master View, but when I go back to the
PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.

Help.
Maura

Sonia

      15th Feb 2005
What you want to do is make a new version of your presentation (save it to a new
name) and then see the info at:

Delete notes page text (or text and shapes)
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00178.htm
--

Sonia Coleman
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team

"Maura" <Maura @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you save a PowerPoint file WITHOUT SAVING THE NOTES?? I want to send
> someone a file, but I do not want them to be able to read all my notes. I
> have tried to do this in the Master View, but when I go back to the
> PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.
>
> Help.
> Maura

=?Utf-8?B?TWF1cmE=?=

      15th Feb 2005
Sonia,

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I made a mistake (apparently a
HUGE one). I thought this web site was for regular users - not programmers.
I am a business person who uses PowerPoint constantly for my job - but I am
not literate about code and that sort of stuff. I need to find a web site
for "dummies" I think.

Thank you again for trying to help me,

Maura

"Sonia" wrote:

> What you want to do is make a new version of your presentation (save it to a new
> name) and then see the info at:
>
> Delete notes page text (or text and shapes)
> http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00178.htm
> --
>
> Sonia Coleman
> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team
> Autorun Software, Templates and Tutorials
> http://www.soniacoleman.com
>
> "Maura" <Maura @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do you save a PowerPoint file WITHOUT SAVING THE NOTES?? I want to send
> > someone a file, but I do not want them to be able to read all my notes. I
> > have tried to do this in the Master View, but when I go back to the
> > PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.
> >
> > Help.
> > Maura

Steve Rindsberg

      15th Feb 2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Maura wrote:
> How do you save a PowerPoint file WITHOUT SAVING THE NOTES?? I want to send
> someone a file, but I do not want them to be able to read all my notes. I
> have tried to do this in the Master View, but when I go back to the
> PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.

You can't actually do this, but you can remove the notes from a COPY of your
file if you like.

There's a macro to do that here:

Delete notes page text (or text and shapes)
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00178.htm

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

Sonia

      15th Feb 2005
This isn't a newsgroup for programmers, although we have many very talented ones
and one of them put that code together. If you check the link at the bottom of
the page I referred you to, it tells you how to use the code in PowerPoint.

The bad news is that PowerPoint doesn't have any function to do this for you, so
that's why the code was written - - to add the function. Other than that you
would need to make a copy of your presentation (save it to a new name) and then
manually delete the notes.

"Maura" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sonia,
>
> Thank you so much for trying to help me. I made a mistake (apparently a
> HUGE one). I thought this web site was for regular users - not programmers.
> I am a business person who uses PowerPoint constantly for my job - but I am
> not literate about code and that sort of stuff. I need to find a web site
> for "dummies" I think.
>
> Thank you again for trying to help me,
>
> Maura
>
> "Sonia" wrote:
>
>> What you want to do is make a new version of your presentation (save it to a
>> new
>> name) and then see the info at:
>>
>> Delete notes page text (or text and shapes)
>> http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00178.htm
>> --
>>
>> Sonia Coleman
>> Microsoft PowerPoint MVP Team
>> Autorun Software, Templates and Tutorials
>> http://www.soniacoleman.com
>>
>> "Maura" <Maura @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > How do you save a PowerPoint file WITHOUT SAVING THE NOTES?? I want to
>> > send
>> > someone a file, but I do not want them to be able to read all my notes. I
>> > have tried to do this in the Master View, but when I go back to the
>> > PowerPoint - all the notes are still there.
>> >
>> > Help.
>> > Maura

Shyam Pillai

      15th Feb 2005
Maura,
If code is alien to you, I've compiled the same routine which is available
as an add-in to PowerPoint.
Check out - Toolbox: http://skp.mvps.org/toolbox

--
Regards,