Will deleting an email account from Outlook lose emails?

Kay

      22nd Jan 2009
If an email account is set up in outlook on a server and I delete that
account from Outlook will my emails all be saved? The reason I asked is since
the account has been on Outlook I can no longer access it through normal web
mail. I am able to access the account but the inbox is empty. I want to
delete it from Outlook so I can access it via web when necessary but not at
the expense of the emails in the account right now (there are many).

Thanks in advance for your help.

DL

      23rd Jan 2009
Presumably this is a pop account?
The default behaviour for a pop account is to download all mail, you can
within outlook set the mail account to leave a copy on the server, then they
will be available to your web log in

Removing an outlook mail account does not delete mail, but then you will
only be able to access the account by web access and outlook becomes
redundent

news:(E-Mail Removed)...