Deleted Outlook Account

Clifton

      16th Jun 2008
I deleted my Outlook Account with all my contacts and email. Is there anyway
to restore this information?

Gordon

      16th Jun 2008
"Clifton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I deleted my Outlook Account with all my contacts and email. Is there
>anyway
> to restore this information?

When you say "deleted" what exactly did you do? If all you did was to remove
the account from Outlook, then your data will still be there.

Clifton

      16th Jun 2008
In Account Settings I chose remove account. This was an old exchange account
for a former employer. I didn't realize that all my contacts and emails were
still using this account. The account I have remaining is receiving my email,
but all email and contacts I had before removing the other account are gone.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Clifton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I deleted my Outlook Account with all my contacts and email. Is there
> >anyway
> > to restore this information?

> When you say "deleted" what exactly did you do? If all you did was to remove
> the account from Outlook, then your data will still be there.

Gordon

      16th Jun 2008
"Clifton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Account Settings I chose remove account. This was an old exchange
> account
> for a former employer. I didn't realize that all my contacts and emails
> were
> still using this account. The account I have remaining is receiving my
> email,
> but all email and contacts I had before removing the other account are
> gone.

You need to re-connect to the Exchange account I think - I'm not an Exchange
expert. (In fact I'm not very expert in lots of things!) There may be an ost
file on your machine, but you'll need to wait for someone far more
knowledgeable than I to come along to tell you what to do with it.

Clifton

      16th Jun 2008
Okay. Thanks.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Clifton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In Account Settings I chose remove account. This was an old exchange
> > account
> > for a former employer. I didn't realize that all my contacts and emails
> > were
> > still using this account. The account I have remaining is receiving my
> > email,
> > but all email and contacts I had before removing the other account are
> > gone.
> >

> You need to re-connect to the Exchange account I think - I'm not an Exchange
> expert. (In fact I'm not very expert in lots of things!) There may be an ost
> file on your machine, but you'll need to wait for someone far more
> knowledgeable than I to come along to tell you what to do with it.

Diane Poremsky {MVP}

      17th Jun 2008
you can only get it back if you reconnect to the server... or if that is not
possible, system restore should bring it back, provided you can roll back to
a date before you removed the account.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
(E-Mail Removed)

(E-Mail Removed)

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Clifton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In Account Settings I chose remove account. This was an old exchange
> account
> for a former employer. I didn't realize that all my contacts and emails
> were
> still using this account. The account I have remaining is receiving my
> email,
> but all email and contacts I had before removing the other account are
> gone.
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "Clifton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I deleted my Outlook Account with all my contacts and email. Is there
>> >anyway
>> > to restore this information?

>> When you say "deleted" what exactly did you do? If all you did was to
>> remove
>> the account from Outlook, then your data will still be there.

Clifton

      17th Jun 2008
It worked. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!