PC Review

Closed Thread

Delete ost file?

Joel

      20th Nov 2003
I get this message when I try to open Outlook: "Outlook
2000. Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The
Exchange Server has detected that you are using an old
copy of you OST file. Please delete your OST file and
create a new one from the server."
But I can't find any *.ost or *.OST file on my local hard
drive to delete. Anyone know how ti delete? thanks

Sameer

      20th Nov 2003
Hi,
just go to control panel click on mail , click on view or change existing
e-mail accounts , click next , click microsoft exchange server and click
change, click on more setting , click on advance tab , there you will get
opstion offline Folder File Setting. click on that you will get the OST
location.

SAM

"Joel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:034801c3af5b$7064e110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I get this message when I try to open Outlook: "Outlook
> 2000. Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The
> Exchange Server has detected that you are using an old
> copy of you OST file. Please delete your OST file and
> create a new one from the server."
> But I can't find any *.ost or *.OST file on my local hard
> drive to delete. Anyone know how ti delete? thanks

      20th Nov 2003
I found the path that it shows but when I go to Documents
and Settings\Owner there was supposed to be a dir called
Local Settings but it's not there? Also a global search
on the C drive for *.ost doesn't find the file either.
Very weird!

Judy Freed

      20th Nov 2003
If using Windows 2000, go to the "Owner" folder and select Tools, Folder
options, View Tab. Make sure View HIdden Files and Folders is selected.

Judy Freed

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a7301c3af70$ed605fe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I found the path that it shows but when I go to Documents
> and Settings\Owner there was supposed to be a dir called
> Local Settings but it's not there? Also a global search
> on the C drive for *.ost doesn't find the file either.
> Very weird!

Closed Thread