delete a fill in word field

=?Utf-8?B?R2luYQ==?=

      11th Nov 2005
I've entered a fill in word field too many times on my document and I cannot
figure out how to delete the extra fill in fields, please help! Thanks.

Jay Freedman

      12th Nov 2005
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:29:02 -0800, "Gina"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've entered a fill in word field too many times on my document and I cannot
>figure out how to delete the extra fill in fields, please help! Thanks.

Press Alt+F9 to display all the field codes in the document. Find the
ones that say FILLIN and delete the ones you don't want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

=?Utf-8?B?R2luYQ==?=

      12th Nov 2005
Thanks, Jay. Is this information somewhere in Word Help and I just couldn't
find it?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:29:02 -0800, "Gina"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I've entered a fill in word field too many times on my document and I cannot
> >figure out how to delete the extra fill in fields, please help! Thanks.

> Press Alt+F9 to display all the field codes in the document. Find the
> ones that say FILLIN and delete the ones you don't want.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org

Jay Freedman

      14th Nov 2005
I don't think Word Help is that specific. It takes two bits of knowledge
about fields: first, that FILLIN fields don't display anything until you've
filled in a value, so they're normally invisible; and second, that Alt+F9
(or the Field Codes option in Tools > Options > View) toggles all field
codes on so you can see them and delete them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman