how to delete duplicate file example route 2_2:1 or route 2_2:2

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

      8th Oct 2006
i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?. How
did I create the new files????

Nick Hodge

      8th Oct 2006
Paul

These are just windows of the same file (Window>New), just close one, you
are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

(E-Mail Removed)HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

>i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
> and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?.
> How
> did I create the new files????

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

      8th Oct 2006
Thanks for the reply Nick. On my memory stick the file shows as route 2. When
I open it it opens up as route 2:1 and route 2:2 under the window drop down.
I tried closing one of the files but it closes both versions at he same time
so I cannot save the original. Any other suggestion and how did I create this
mess?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

> Paul
>
> These are just windows of the same file (Window>New), just close one, you
> are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file
>
> --
> HTH
> Nick Hodge
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Southampton, England
>
> (E-Mail Removed)HIS
> www.nickhodge.co.uk

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to route2_2:1
> > and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the origina?.
> > How
> > did I create the new files????

Ragdyer

      8th Oct 2006
If you're displaying the 2:2 window, and you hit:
<Ctrl> <W>
You'll see the 2:2 change to 2, meaning you closed *only* the duplicate
window.

NOW, save the file while there's *no :2*.

As Nick explained,
Each time you click (accidentally or intentionally),
<Window> <New Window>,
You create a *copy* of the sheet.
This is great for being able to display different sections of the same sheet
*or* file at the same time, by going back into <Window>, and choosing
<Arrange>, and configuring your screen to different display modes.
--
HTH,

RD

> Thanks for the reply Nick. On my memory stick the file shows as route 2.

When
> I open it it opens up as route 2:1 and route 2:2 under the window drop

down.
> I tried closing one of the files but it closes both versions at he same

time
> so I cannot save the original. Any other suggestion and how did I create

this
> mess?
>
> "Nick Hodge" wrote:
>
> > Paul
> >
> > These are just windows of the same file (Window>New), just close one,

you
> > are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file
> >
> > --
> > HTH
> > Nick Hodge
> > Microsoft MVP - Excel
> > Southampton, England
> >
> > (E-Mail Removed)HIS
> > www.nickhodge.co.uk
> >
> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to

route2_2:1
> > > and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the

origina?.
> > > How
> > > did I create the new files????

Nick Hodge

      8th Oct 2006
Paul

Just click the red 'x' just below the top 'x' which closes the application
and you should still have one window open, save in this state

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

(E-Mail Removed)HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

> Thanks for the reply Nick. On my memory stick the file shows as route 2.
> When
> I open it it opens up as route 2:1 and route 2:2 under the window drop
> down.
> I tried closing one of the files but it closes both versions at he same
> time
> so I cannot save the original. Any other suggestion and how did I create
> this
> mess?
>
> "Nick Hodge" wrote:
>
>> Paul
>>
>> These are just windows of the same file (Window>New), just close one, you
>> are not closing the file, just the window and then save the file
>>
>> --
>> HTH
>> Nick Hodge
>> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> Southampton, England
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)HIS
>> www.nickhodge.co.uk
>>
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >i was working with a file named route2 and somehow it changed to
>> >route2_2:1
>> > and route2_2:2. How do I delete the new files and return to the
>> > origina?.
>> > How
>> > did I create the new files????

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=