PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Delay in Post Times

 
 
Barb Reinhardt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2004
I've noticed a delay in post times. Is there a reason obvious to others as
to why there is a delay or 30 to 60 minutes between the time a message is
posted and the time it's displayed?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Barb Reinhardt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2004
Well, it didn't happen this time!

"Barb Reinhardt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've noticed a delay in post times. Is there a reason obvious to others

as
> to why there is a delay or 30 to 60 minutes between the time a message is
> posted and the time it's displayed?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Graham Mayor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      15th Dec 2004
Are you accessing the Microsoft server directly or via your ISP's news feed?
If the latter, create a new news account to msnews.microsoft.com - see
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>



Barb Reinhardt wrote:
> Well, it didn't happen this time!
>
> "Barb Reinhardt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've noticed a delay in post times. Is there a reason obvious to
>> others as to why there is a delay or 30 to 60 minutes between the
>> time a message is posted and the time it's displayed?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Barb Reinhardt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2004
I'm accessing the server directly. Sometimes messages show up quickly and
sometimes they take a while.

"Graham Mayor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you accessing the Microsoft server directly or via your ISP's news

feed?
> If the latter, create a new news account to msnews.microsoft.com - see
> http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>
>
>
> Barb Reinhardt wrote:
> > Well, it didn't happen this time!
> >
> > "Barb Reinhardt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I've noticed a delay in post times. Is there a reason obvious to
> >> others as to why there is a delay or 30 to 60 minutes between the
> >> time a message is posted and the time it's displayed?

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Graham Mayor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Dec 2004
In that case it will be attributable to the vagaries of the SMTP server you
use to post.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>



Barb Reinhardt wrote:
> I'm accessing the server directly. Sometimes messages show up
> quickly and sometimes they take a while.
>
> "Graham Mayor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Are you accessing the Microsoft server directly or via your ISP's
>> news feed? If the latter, create a new news account to
>> msnews.microsoft.com - see http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>
>>
>>
>> Barb Reinhardt wrote:
>>> Well, it didn't happen this time!
>>>
>>> "Barb Reinhardt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> I've noticed a delay in post times. Is there a reason obvious to
>>>> others as to why there is a delay or 30 to 60 minutes between the
>>>> time a message is posted and the time it's displayed?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delay times =?Utf-8?B?YWhlcnJvbnNjb21w?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 1 26th Aug 2007 09:57 PM
Browsing My Comouter delay and url w/o http:// delay =?Utf-8?B?Z29ubWI=?= Windows XP Help 3 3rd Jun 2006 05:15 AM
Slow message delay times =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBMYXVrYWl0aXM=?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 1 16th Jun 2005 03:10 AM
Query appends duplicate records, 2 times, 3 times, 4 times etc Randy Microsoft Access Queries 11 5th Feb 2005 09:42 AM
ToolTips delay and display times?? Roberto López Microsoft ASP .NET 2 23rd Aug 2003 11:41 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:42 AM.