default printers

gwv

      12th Oct 2004
Hello,

I have a computer with WindowsXP SP1, it is connected on Lan with some
printers.

I have installed a local USB printer, And now, this one is always on
default printer (even if we select an other).

If someone have an idea ??

Best Regards,

Gwv

=?Utf-8?B?Um91bmR5?=

      13th Oct 2004
What application is still using the lexmark as the default printer? All
applications. I have seen where items that look at Internet Explorer's
printer setting will print to the "wrong" default printer. To fix this you
have to change the setting in Internet Explorer. Go to file page setup, and
select the correct default printer and click OK.

"gwv" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a computer with WindowsXP SP1, it is connected on Lan with some
> printers.
>
> I have installed a local USB printer, And now, this one is always on
> default printer (even if we select an other).
>
> If someone have an idea ??
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Gwv

gwv

      18th Oct 2004
Hello,

I have change default printer by Internet Explorer, but I have always
the same problem (and for all applications).

Gwv.
"Roundy" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> What application is still using the lexmark as the default printer? All
> applications. I have seen where items that look at Internet Explorer's
> printer setting will print to the "wrong" default printer. To fix this
> you
> have to change the setting in Internet Explorer. Go to file page setup,
> and
> select the correct default printer and click OK.
>
> "gwv" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a computer with WindowsXP SP1, it is connected on Lan with
>> some
>> printers.
>>
>> I have installed a local USB printer, And now, this one is always on
>> default printer (even if we select an other).
>>
>> If someone have an idea ??
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Gwv

=?Utf-8?B?Um91bmR5?=

      16th Nov 2004
If you open the printers and faxes window, is does the printer have the
"check mark" by it that signifies it is the default printer? If the usb
printer is marked as the default printer, right click on the network printer
and check the set as default option. Also, make sure you have the rights to
change the printer settings?