Default Email Account

Richard Richter

      29th Dec 2009
I am using MS Outlook 2003 on a Windows SBS 2003 network. I do not want to
use the Exchange server to send my email to my ISP. I want to send to the
ISP directly from my computer. So, I open Tools/Email Accounts.... select
E-mail View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next>. I then
highlight my ISP account Name and click Set as Default. It is now set as the
default instead of the Microsoft Exchange Server. However, when I restart
the next morning, I have to go through the same procedure since the default
has reset to the MS Exchange Server. How can I make the ISP account the
Default permanently?

RickC

      3rd Feb 2010
On Dec 29 2009, 6:15*am, "Richard Richter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am using MS Outlook2003on a WindowsSBS2003network. I do not want to
> use the Exchange server to send my email to my ISP. I want to send to the
> ISP directly from my computer. So, I open Tools/Email Accounts.... select
> E-mailView orchangeexisting e-mailaccounts and click Next>. I then
> highlight my ISPaccountName and click Set asDefault. It is now set as thedefaultinstead of the Microsoft Exchange Server. However, when I restart
> the next morning, I have to go through the same procedure since thedefault
> has reset to the MS Exchange Server. How can I make the ISPaccounttheDefaultpermanently?

On Windows XP you can make a registry change that will do this. I have
not found a solutio for Windows 7 64bit.
Navigate to HKLM-Software-Microsoft-SmallBusinessServer-ClientSetup
Change the Dword NoTransportOrder value to 1
By default this Dword is not created. You will probably need to create
it.
To Create, right click in the right pane of Key = ClientSetup, and
select New > Dword.
Rename it NoTransportOrder. The default value will be set to 0
Change the Dword NoTransportOrder value to 1

If you don't know how to edit the registry you shouldn't be doing
this. Ask someone who does for help.
Backup first!