Deer Hunter II

Joe

      17th Nov 2003
When trying to load on computer with Windows XP, a
message comes up saying

"C:\windows\system32\config.nt." The system file is not
suitable for running ms-dos and Microsoft Windows
applications Choose close to terminate

And yet it will load on my laptop just fine.

Any suggestions?

Jimmy S.

      17th Nov 2003
Hi Joe,

Deer Hunter II might work better on your system using Compatibility mode...

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to look is: http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=174&v=90002

If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
link in the Compatibility tab that says Learn more about program compatibility

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default...d=sz;en-us;top