How to debug sql 2005 on remote machine. I am administrator on both my dev machine and remote sql server machine.

DR

      2nd Nov 2007
How to debug sql 2005 on remote machine. I am administrator on both my dev
machine and remote sql server machine.

I get this error when i try to connect to remote machien with visual studio:

unable to connect to microsoft vistual studio remote debugging monitor named
msdb3. the microsfot visual studio remote debugging montor (msvsmon.exe)
does not appear to be ru nning on the remote computer. please see help for
assistance.

Do i need to install more then jsut sql server 2005 on remote machine before
i can attach to processes remotely?

also what all ports need to be open?

Willy Denoyette [MVP]

      3rd Nov 2007
"DR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How to debug sql 2005 on remote machine. I am administrator on both my dev
> machine and remote sql server machine.
>
> I get this error when i try to connect to remote machien with visual
> studio:
>
> unable to connect to microsoft vistual studio remote debugging monitor
> named msdb3. the microsfot visual studio remote debugging montor
> (msvsmon.exe) does not appear to be ru nning on the remote computer.
> please see help for assistance.
>
> Do i need to install more then jsut sql server 2005 on remote machine
> before i can attach to processes remotely?
>
> also what all ports need to be open?

Your primary source for information on this should be msdn, it takes a
couple of seconds to get an answer to such question, while it may take hours
when posting to a NG.
Here's is what you are looking for:
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bt727f1t.aspx>

Note that VS and Sql Server setup questions are better answered in the
Microsoft.public.vstudio.setup and Microsoft.public.sqlserver.set NG's
respectively.

Willy.