DB update - delete error (SP3 problem?)

Mettá

      21st Apr 2004
Following numerous ongoing problems, (possibly caused after installing MS
SP3) with custom DRWs I now have another problem with a simple DRW access db
record update or delete.

Is "DISTINCT" no longer available or something???

DELETE DISTINCT from TableName WHERE Id=::Id:: and FirstName='::FirstName::'

Page 1 posts the Unique ID and First Name as a kind of safety net. The
following error results...

Database Results Error
The operation failed. If this continues, please contact your server
administrator

Any ideas folks....

Thomas A. Rowe

      21st Apr 2004
To use Distinct your would have to supply a field name, as in Distinct(fieldname), however for
deleting a record, as long as table had a ID (autonumber) field, then you can just use that.

Delete * from table where ID = " & ID

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

"Mettá" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Following numerous ongoing problems, (possibly caused after installing MS
> SP3) with custom DRWs I now have another problem with a simple DRW access db
> record update or delete.
>
> Is "DISTINCT" no longer available or something???
>
> DELETE DISTINCT from TableName WHERE Id=::Id:: and FirstName='::FirstName::'
>

> Page 1 posts the Unique ID and First Name as a kind of safety net. The
> following error results...
>
> Database Results Error
> The operation failed. If this continues, please contact your server
> administrator
>
> Any ideas folks....

Mettá

      21st Apr 2004
Hi Thomas

I have revised the delete query as

DELETE * from TableName WHERE Id=::Id:: and FirstName='::FirstName::'

I am still getting the same error??

Thanks

"Thomas A. Rowe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OQIkd%(E-Mail Removed)...
> To use Distinct your would have to supply a field name, as in

Distinct(fieldname), however for
> deleting a record, as long as table had a ID (autonumber) field, then you

can just use that.

> Delete * from table where ID = " & ID

> Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
> To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
>
> "Mettá" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Following numerous ongoing problems, (possibly caused after installing

MS
> > SP3) with custom DRWs I now have another problem with a simple DRW

access db
> > record update or delete.
> >
> > Is "DISTINCT" no longer available or something???
> >
> > DELETE DISTINCT from TableName WHERE Id=::Id:: and

FirstName='::FirstName::'

> > Page 1 posts the Unique ID and First Name as a kind of safety net. The
> > following error results...
> >
> > Database Results Error
> > The operation failed. If this continues, please contact your server
> > administrator
> >
> > Any ideas folks....

Thomas A. Rowe

      21st Apr 2004
What happen when you just use:

"DELETE * from TableName WHERE Id= " ::Id::
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

news:uCtA7d%(E-Mail Removed)...